Tips: "How Do I Get Views/Subscribers?"

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Nice tips. I would say that your #1 should be to upload on a regular schedule. Your audience is more likely to check in on your channel and watch if you release videos on a regular schedule. Almost every top youtuber sticks to a schedule for uploads.

Your #5 tip is very good advice. It's not a race. You're not competing with anyone. I've seen too many channels refuse to do collaborations with others because they're afraid of helping their competition-and collaboration is one of the top ways to gain new subscribers. Our channel does a lot of collaborations. We don't view other channels as competition-we view them as friends. If they get to be more popular than us, we're happy for them. We like to build a good working relationship with all channels that we collaborate with. If they grow larger than us and our working relationship is good, then we've laid the groundwork for more collaborations that will help our channel.

Another part of this is to not burn any bridges on your way up. Play nice with other channels. Be appreciative if they help you out and don't expect have any expectations (or hold any grudges) when you work with someone else. As an example, did a video a few months ago asking other channels to collaborate with us. We had over 30k subscribers at the time. We requested that other channels have 100 subscribers to participate (We made some exceptions for friends with lower numbers). That's a very low number compared to the number of subs we have and I didn't feel it was very restrictive at all. We got to work with some really cool people, but a very large number of channels complained about the 100 sub requirement. They called us stuck up and said a lot of bad things about us. We ended up deleting the video after about 12 hours and just worked with whoever had responded within that time frame. My point is this: instead of complaining about that 100 sub guideline and burning bridges, those other channels could have worked and built up their subs to that level and then contacted us and participated in the collaboration. But instead they chose to complain about it and it's unlikely that we will ever work with them in the future. When we had around 15k subs, I had the chance to do a collaboration with a much larger channel with well over 100k subs. I put a lot of effort into the collaboration and it worked out great for both sides. Now both of our channels are larger (the other one is still quite a bit larger than us) and we're still working together. Plus it opened a few more doors for us as their friends saw the result of the collaboration video and decided that we were a great channel to work with.

netnerd85

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow, you have done very well in such a short period of time. Thank you for posting your tips.

I have a couple of questions, do you advertise much on other websites or forums? and do you think variety of games has helped?

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow, you have done very well in such a short period of time. Thank you for posting your tips.

I have a couple of questions, do you advertise much on other websites or forums? and do you think variety of games has helped?
This is the only place I've posted my vids, in the promo sections and of course in my sig. I think it has, to be fair. I think if I had COD and other really, really popular games my views would've tripled but honestly I'm not sure my subs would be as high. I'm not a COD kinda girl. I own all of them, but only play them when I want to mindlessly shoot things. Honestly I couldn't make a LP interesting lmao ^_^

I am really, REALLY surprised at how it's all blown up -- but those are the tips I've generally followed so I thought perhaps it might help someone out :)

Reactions: netnerd85