Tips for IRL Video Makers [Vlogs, Skits, Rants]

Beanbag

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I see quite a bit of discussion about using scripts when making Vlogs, Rants or other IRL comedy videos. Personally, I use the following tips to create my videos, and they have been generating a nice amount of views for the amount of subscribers I have. So, here are a few short and simple steps on creating an entertaining IRL video.

1. Main Topic - You need to come up with a main topic to talk about, in my latest video "Justin Bieber Goes Mental" I focused on the recent video of him lashing out at reporters. This gave me a topic to focus on, but can also be used to create original comedy content that will keep the audience entertained over the course of the video.

2. Side Notes - After you opened the video explaining and branching from the main topic, you can start to incorporate more comedy that is related to the Main Topic. For my JB video, I started discussing Canadian Tempers, The UK's Tolerance for singing little boys and Australia's pursuit to get JB to never return. This provided an extra flare to the video that is better then just the standard "One Topic Video".

3. User Interaction - Feature your favorite comment from the previous video, use pop-ups and other effects to give more user feedback and interaction. You can ask for there opinion on the topic (if possible) or even feature a subscribers video in your ending title. Small things like that can open up larger opportunities if your Audience feels like you really do value their subscription/like/view.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope these few tips can provide you guys with that little bit of extra information for your videos :) If you want me to check out one of yours, I will have no problems in giving you some feedback or even subscribing if I truly enjoy your content :D

Cheers Guys,
PawTayToe

Reactions: Itskamren

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
#3 is a very useful tip, I have actually planned on doing that starting next week. More of a questions answered type of thing at the end of my videos. Will I get to it, I don't know but it's in the plans. :)

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey Guys,
I see quite a bit of discussion about using scripts when making Vlogs, Rants or other IRL comedy videos. Personally, I use the following tips to create my videos, and they have been generating a nice amount of views for the amount of subscribers I have. So, here are a few short and simple steps on creating an entertaining IRL video.

1. Main Topic - You need to come up with a main topic to talk about, in my latest video "Justin Bieber Goes Mental" I focused on the recent video of him lashing out at reporters. This gave me a topic to focus on, but can also be used to create original comedy content that will keep the audience entertained over the course of the video.

2. Side Notes - After you opened the video explaining and branching from the main topic, you can start to incorporate more comedy that is related to the Main Topic. For my JB video, I started discussing Canadian Tempers, The UK's Tolerance for singing little boys and Australia's pursuit to get JB to never return. This provided an extra flare to the video that is better then just the standard "One Topic Video".

3. User Interaction - Feature your favorite comment from the previous video, use pop-ups and other effects to give more user feedback and interaction. You can ask for there opinion on the topic (if possible) or even feature a subscribers video in your ending title. Small things like that can open up larger opportunities if your Audience feels like you really do value their subscription/like/view.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope these few tips can provide you guys with that little bit of extra information for your videos :) If you want me to check out one of yours, I will have no problems in giving you some feedback or even subscribing if I truly enjoy your content :D

Cheers Guys,
PawTayToe
pretty good mate.

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wow, this is a GREAT idea!! I've been trying to think of ways to make my audience more visible. Right now I'm just sort of vlogging about my own thoughts and ideas and don't try to get the audience involved, which is actually what I want from YouTube. Otherwise I'd just save the videos to my computer and not post them on the internet. ;)

Thanks again for the great tips!

Beanbag

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow, this is a GREAT idea!! I've been trying to think of ways to make my audience more visible. Right now I'm just sort of vlogging about my own thoughts and ideas and don't try to get the audience involved, which is actually what I want from YouTube. Otherwise I'd just save the videos to my computer and not post them on the internet. ;)

Thanks again for the great tips!
So, I just checked out your channel. As soon as I finished watching My Voice Is Gone!! OMG. Subscribed. That is like the best idea I have ever seen.. ever!

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So, I just checked out your channel. As soon as I finished watching My Voice Is Gone!! OMG. Subscribed. That is like the best idea I have ever seen.. ever!
Haha, oh wow. Thank you so much!! I'm glad you liked it. And I appreciate the sub. :)