Tips for editing

Clumswolfy

so far my editing hasnt been that great cause i dont know how and am afraid to mess up. The only things i do is having jumpcuts and that is about it.

That i wondered is if any of you guys could help me with tip or ideas for editing of if you know any good sites. i have read a few but most arent really clear.

i use adobe premier pro

I use the YouTube video editor for most of my editing. It's far less advanced than Adobe Premiere. That said, one tip I have is, don't be afraid to experiment. My most recent video is one of few videos recorded with two cameras on my channel. I think it's the first time I open with the spectators reaction and it's the first time I've done a slow-motion replay of the magic moment. Don't be afraid to try new things and you'll develop a style unique to your videos.

Editing takes time. Most good edits aren't rushed. That being said, take your time and don't be afraid to experiment.
Also, YouTube has tons of tutorials on editing video. Check them out!

so far my editing hasnt been that great cause i dont know how and am afraid to mess up. The only things i do is having jumpcuts and that is about it.

That i wondered is if any of you guys could help me with tip or ideas for editing of if you know any good sites. i have read a few but most arent really clear.

i use adobe premier pro

Linda.com has really good tutorials. My professor in college sometimes used tutorials from the website for our classes. He also made some himself. Jump cuts aren't horrible but I personally don't like them. It's. It hard to cover them with B-roll depending on the subject content. I use Premier as well and went to school for it specifically so if you have any questions you could DM me and I would probably have he answer.

When I was learning to edit I watched YouTube tutorials. That and my own experimenting got me where I am happy enough with my videos.

I'm not too sure what type of advice or tips you're looking for. Premiere is a very in depth and useful editing program with lots of tricks.

But just coming off the top of my head...

Unless you make it so distorted that no one can understand it. Youtube editing is all about 1) getting your audience's attention as fast as possible and 2) making sure they stick around and keep coming back. Your editing could be any sort of style of edit, just keep in mind to have dialogue understandable, but also quick. Online audience's attention spans are (if I remember correctly) 10-3 seconds or less. Hook, line and sinker within the first 3 seconds and you've beaten the sociological game.

I am in the same boat! lol I tried my hand at more advanced editing (well, more advanced than my usual removal of unnecessary parts of the video - my first few videos have been WAY too long lol) by trying to fix the awful voice to mouth mismatch that happened with iMovie, and I just got frustrated. I'' re recording tomorrow. But yeah, if you don't want to take a film/editing class, watching YouTube tutorials is a good idea! and if you don't want to mess up, you can practice on a test video if you feel more comfortable.

I am in the same boat! lol I tried my hand at more advanced editing (well, more advanced than my usual removal of unnecessary parts of the video - my first few videos have been WAY too long lol) by trying to fix the awful voice to mouth mismatch that happened with iMovie, and I just got frustrated. I'' re recording tomorrow. But yeah, if you don't want to take a film/editing class, watching YouTube tutorials is a good idea! and if you don't want to mess up, you can practice on a test video if you feel more comfortable.

I went to college for broadcasting and I'll be honest, I got 100% in my editing class without ever having to do any of the work / projects. Day one I demonstrated to the teacher that I had learned more than they intended to teach us in college. So he would give me little side projects to have fun with on the side :)

FYI, the classes are literally watching YouTube tutorials but the teacher was good at providing us with the right lessons to learn so we progressed. Or rather, the rest of the class did :p

Back