Tips and tricks to getting views on YouTube

Benny Luo

Reaction score
Gre
The basics: Have a good Tittle, Something that relates to your video, Be Descriptive. Sometimes using all caps can make your tittle pop.

Use your Description box, Fill your description box with 2-3 Paragraphs of what your video is about
This will help in the long run!
Add a TAGS: area to your description and add 5-10 additional words here, that are not in your tags box.

Use Up ALL (or most) or most of your tags box, add tags that relate to your video, Don't use tags like, shanedawson "toby turner" "justin beiber is dead" This type of thing will NOT get you views Use the video response feature

This will come in handy, now you could send your video to a big you-tubers video, or to someone who has a related vid to yours, It dosent matter because this will just give you a little boost of views.

Use the Post function Go onto your channel and use the post function add a quick message like: "Missed my new video?, Check it out" Then add your video URL To the post box and submit, this works very well for people that have 1-2k subscribers, Because it shows up on your subscribers feed.

If you have custom thumbnails USE THEM!!, But do not make them misleading, and make sure they're not an eye sore to look at!

This was just a quick little guide ;) I hoped i helped!

Great advice! But some other things I'd like to add its:

Titles: Interesting titles are important. But having keywords that pertain to your video is even more important. Put the most searched and relavant keywords in the titles of your videos first, Google gives higher authority to those. For example, for one of our videos for my channel:

"NMR Talks with Brian McKnight" is not as effective as "Brian McKnight Interview | NMR Feature" because most of the time, people will search "Brian McKnight interview" instead of "NMR Talks" first.

I outline this further here on this blog post: newmediarockstars[dot]com/2011/12/3-ways-to-drive-traffic-to-your-youtube-channel/

Reactions: Jack Broady
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Reviewer
YouTube says long descriptions can improve search results. So I think I'll go back and add some long-winded descriptions to my videos. But of course, I'll keep a snappy summary as the first sentence or two.
I do agree with what YouTube says, they are the ones with the experience and wisdom. I'm forging ahead and transcribing my videos and uploading that as well. It will also improve search results. I guess if you're going to be in the business of being a YouTuber then you got to do the work.

aviectus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i can assume that almost noone reads the discreption one true fact :
in all of my videos i have the song used at the end....and yet still they ask me "whats the song?"

NerdzSquared

Super Poster
Reaction score
I know YouTube recommends putting in a large description, but really, no one reads it. When was the last time most of us read more than 2-3 sentences of a description? Unless the video is confusing and needs explaining, then I don't bother reading more than a few sentences....and that's even with my favourite YouTubers.
If you're going to do a long-a** description, then I recommend the first two sentences be a nice tight summary or something catchy - since it's those first couple sentences that will actually show up in search results.

EDIT: Let me clarify, it's those first couple sentences that are displayed next to your video when you do a YouTube search (I didn't mean to say that any more than 2 sentences is ignored by YouTube when it comes to keywords, metadata, etc).
So true about the description.. personally I don't add more than 4 lines of info..
But I have been told that if you write a description with all your keywords in it, then it helps with the search result..[DOUBLEPOST=1353319922,1353319887][/DOUBLEPOST]
i can assume that almost noone reads the discreption one true fact :
in all of my videos i have the song used at the end....and yet still they ask me "whats the song?"

Safe to say that people are lazy..
:)

aviectus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
y
So true about the description.. personally I don't add more than 4 lines of info..
But I have been told that if you write a description with all your keywords in it, then it helps with the search result..[DOUBLEPOST=1353319922,1353319887][/DOUBLEPOST]

Safe to say that people are lazy..
:)
you mean add the tags into the description?

NerdzSquared

Super Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, somehow incorporate them... Like I have seen some videos where the persons tags were just copied and pasted in the description..