Tip: Writing a business email.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi

So on my channel we have a series where we interview youtubers, game developers, voice actors etc.

A lot of people ask how we get people to notice us so here is how we do it.

Firstly be professional in your contact.

Don't send an email like "sup i wanna chat heres my skype?"

Send an email like:

"Dear *NAME*

I am emailing you today to invite you to an interview talking about *Whatever They Do And what you want to talk about in more detail*

I have done several interviews in the past you can find the full playlist here - *link to playlist*

Secondly Make sure you are using the correct contact a lot of youtubers will have a "Business email" or some kind of contact on their website use that email and only contact them once.

Side Note - It helps if you only give your personal contact (skype, discord, phone number however you wish to talk) After they respond and agree to a chat.

Finally - Schedule around them never try to put them in an awkward position saying like "well you have to do this" say "I am free from X time to Y Time" and then ask when they are free.

With all these together it shouldn't be too difficult to get noticed and listened to by people you wish to work with and/or interview.

I know this was tailored towards mainly an interview format however this advice could work with any business email.

If you have any questions i would be glad to answer. :)

~Fluffles

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Might I add that it's also really good to personalize the email a little bit by including a small blurb praising the person you're trying to contact and why you chose them among other candidates. I think going straight to "I am emailing you today for so and so reason" and "here's my content / playlist" without making the person on the receiving end feel good, slightly decreases the chances of them actually wanting to collaborate.

Reactions: DigiBox

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Might I add that it's also really good to personalize the email a little bit by including a small blurb praising the person you're trying to contact and why you chose them among other candidates. I think going straight to "I am emailing you today for so and so reason" and "here's my content / playlist" without making the person on the receiving end feel good, slightly decreases the chances of them actually wanting to collaborate.
I totally agree, i think i worded this poorly.
The main point im trying to make is make it like you are talking to someone face to face try to be as personal as possible it has worked for me if you acknowledge the person and highlight an interest in what they do.

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Slightly? If I were receiving an e-mail like that, the person would be lucky if I opened it at all unless I know who I'm being e-mailed by.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Slightly? If I were receiving an e-mail like that, the person would be lucky if I opened it at all unless I know who I'm being e-mailed by.
You'd be surprised. Some companies don't really have high expectations in email communications. Really depends who you're talking to. :p