[tip] Make better videos

LiveLoopers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Seems obvious. But many people loose focus. Make better videos, it's the answer to many, many of your questions.

It is never to early to start learning the ins and outs of making good titles and using social media well and networking for future collaborations, but where a lot of people really need to apply their time is making better videos (and probably more often). People who spend a ton of time trying to learn how and where to get some views or begging to do collaborations with the YouTubers they really like may just wind up spending a bunch of unproductive time when they finally get a bunch of views and nobody subscribed or your YouTube idol takes a look at your channel and decides to ignore you as best they can.

If you have a small channel and are just starting out you want it to grow, why else would you be spending your time this way. But the advice that I'm offering to to give yourself a period of time to refocus yourself on making better videos and getting your channel in tip top shape. Watch some tutorials on making videos in whatever your genre is. Study what your peers are doing and how they do it. Find more efficient ways to make more videos faster AND better. When your videos start to get REALLY good, edit your best stuff into a really good channel intro.

Again, it's fine to spend SOME time figuring out the rest of it as you go, but early on the best time investment you can make is in figuring THAT part out. How to get your videos really good. All of the rest of it (getting views to convert to subscribers, getting views to share with friends, getting views to comment, etc.) is a TON easier when you already have a good body of work to show people and your most recent videos are really awesome and your channel intro is jaw-droppingly good.

Reactions: chottom

konisbored

YTtalk's Anti-Boredom Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So true yet so overlooked so often. In fact I am going to start editing my videos with Camtesia starting next month for even better quality.

James Lewis

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Social networking is something I definitely need to get better at. I'm still improving my video quality as I go, my videos keep getting better and better, but social networking... Smh, nope, not good at it yet!