Tiny Channel Needs All The Help We Can Get

PressStart!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sooooo Im new here and new to being a real creator on Youtube. We're a gaming/nerdy channel. We've (read me) released 1 video a day since we started on Aug 8th and are usually releasing that between 11pm and 3am (depending on my schedule and if Im behind or not. Its been a struggle to keep the schedule at times but my goal is for a 11pm PST release) and Ive been pretty good with that. I guess Im struggling on how to go about promoting the channel. We have a prescience on Twitter and Facebook, where Ive even paid for Facebook ads pointing to our page and our videos, but only about 21 subs so far. We have analogically speaking, hit our first wall, though at this point its more of a speed bump and we arent going fast enough to go over it. I just made a Reddit account and looked int a forum there NewTubers but that seems to be blowing up with drama. I just dont know how to make a strategy to help bring viewers, subs, and that all important community. Admittedly we are one of literally thousands of game channels, and only a month old, but I feel we haven't grown fast enough yet.

Any help and feedback is appreciated.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
try one of the 100s of thousands of gaming channels out there. keep making good content is basically all there is to it. posting on FB/etc will only do so much. But I'd use twitter as my main source of spreading videos and tagging creators etc.

Reactions: PressStart!

PressStart!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You said tagging creators on twitter. What do you mean? Like posting a video link on twitter and tagging Game Grumps, for example?

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I guess you just have to wait. Hearing what you have done to promote, I guess it's about time to wait and create more content in the meantime. Collaborate with other creators as well if you can, it will bring out a new audience :)

PressStart!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I guess you just have to wait. Hearing what you have done to promote, I guess it's about time to wait and create more content in the meantime. Collaborate with other creators as well if you can, it will bring out a new audience :)
SO aside from colabs, Im not nesesserly doing anything wrong but just keep doing it?

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You said tagging creators on twitter. What do you mean? Like posting a video link on twitter and tagging Game Grumps, for example?
I meant tag creators of games, like developers and publishers of the game you played.

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SO aside from colabs, Im not nesesserly doing anything wrong but just keep doing it?
Yup :) If you take a look at my channel, you can see that my most viewed video is a collaboration video. It shot up to 16k views because the audience comes from both creators :)

PressStart!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup :) If you take a look at my channel, you can see that my most viewed video is a collaboration video. It shot up to 16k views because the audience comes from both creators :)
I guess as soon as I have enough klout Ill start asking folks. Any particular way I should go about that. I hate to be seen as rude.

Branden Morales

ENJOYING THE PATH OF LIFE. WHICH IS PIZZA.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Think of this way! you're being constant and true to yourself! Keep up with that. Subs will come. You already said you're promoting. Try collabing as well. Try talking with other creators that do what you do. I can see you have and passion for it! Keep your eyes ahead lad :) We all hit walls on this journey.

Reactions: PressStart!