Thumbs-Down Bombed!

TVSBOH

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi,

Our fun gaming channel is about a month old. We're having fun and making small progress here and there. We work hard and are really striving for results.

Someone went to most of our videos (I watched it happen over a five minute period) and clicked thumbs-down. It appears they had friends help them or they themselves have 11 accounts.

Our videos had at most one to two thumbs down before this happened.

Now some of our videos have more dislikes than likes, although it's clear to us that it was some sort of negative action by one person or one group of people.

Could have been jealousy or random hate, but is there ANYTHING I can do about this?

It's hard enough growing a channel, but when your videos have more dislikes than likes (NOT WARRANTED), it might turn people off right away. It also effects search rankings, youtube help requests, etc.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Thanks,
Mike of TVSBOH

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't really have any advice, the only thing I can say is maybe disable ratings?

TVSBOH

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm. Interesting idea for sure. I never thought of that. I may do that...So frustrating. Thanks for the thought!

Chace

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Geez.... Don't people have better things to do? :(

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Ugh >.<
I'm sorry you got bombed by a no lifer like that.
It's never happened to me on that high of a level but it has happened before.
Good luck to you.

LithaKelitha

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
OMG that sucks! I hope the also did not click bomb you as well! I hate trolls!

TVSBOH

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the support everyone. How would I know if I got click-bombed? I assume this means people repeatedly clicking on ads?

LithaKelitha

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
Yes if you have adsense check it and look at your click through rate. If it is super high then report it. My average is 5% I have had a 10% day but if it is way above that for one day report it to them before they come to you. Always be proactive with adsense I check it atleast 3 times a day!