Thumbnails?

BunnieRabbott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey. Once again not sure if this is the right place to post this but yeah.
So, I uploaded a video (It took 19 hours to upload,dear god)
It is 14 minutes long.

I noticed that I can't choose thumbnails for it. I left it 10 hours thinking it might still be processing but I don't think it is. Does anyone know why I can't choose thumbnails for it?

Honestly the whole video turned out a mess anyway.
In future I don't think I'll make anything over 10 mins!

AlexUsedSplash

I write comedy and people tell me that it's funny.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Are you saying that you tried uploading a custom one that didn't work?

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
That's odd. I've never seen a delay for the thumbnail. It usually chooses one for you even if you don't.
On another note, why didn't you model your clothes as you were showing them?

Gemma Carline

YTtalkPresenter - vlogger/actor/gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That happened to me. I changed a few thumbnails to the ones I hadn't customised yet and it took about 2 days for it to change. My only thought is that since they have rolled out the custom thumbnails for everyone, the processing of the images might take longer to show up? Since thousands probably more youtubers are uploading at the same time on all of their videos. And I think the are still rolling it out to people so they might be working on that function. But I dunno if thats how it works but I know that's why uploads take longer, might be the same maybe? They will show up, eventually :) xo

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube still has some kinks to work out in many areas. Also, 19 hours???!! Holy crap! You have the patience of a saint. Might want to upgrade your internet speed soon if you can.

BunnieRabbott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's odd. I've never seen a delay for the thumbnail. It usually chooses one for you even if you don't.
On another note, why didn't you model your clothes as you were showing them?
Mostly because I'm planning on using them in my outfit of the day videos, where I'll be modelling them. In the past I've seen other people who do haul videos show their clothes like this, so I thought that would be the easiest option. This video is really so I can do haul videos in the future too. But yeah, I will be modelling those clothes in the future c:

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's a glitch in processing and never shows up a thumbnail and gets stuck. When you choose a custom thumbnail or even change a thumbnail to one of the three options it will show up but then process and change in about 10 minutes.

do you have custom thumbnails? If you do, upload one and it will fix it