THUMBNAILS AND TITLES

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey Everyone,

So I just wanted to come on here and ask one thing. What do you all think of my thumbnails and the overall appearance of my channel. Does it appeal to you? If you saw it would you want to watch more?

Any criticism is good criticism.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! I like your thumbnails & titles but I'm not sure that I'd be drawn to them if they were in my recommended or something, you know? I get the theme of channel & I like it but I feel like some of the thumbnails would look better without text? Or maybe at least smaller text? Or if you want to keep the text, maybe try to make it stand out from the background a bit more? I do like the actual pictures you chose for them, but the text covers them up so much that it puts me off a bit. Just my personal opinion though, I'm sure some people will prefer as they are right now.
I do like (how many times have I said 'like' in this? haha) your content, though. You seem like a cool dude :)

Reactions: George Hudson

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey! I like your thumbnails & titles but I'm not sure that I'd be drawn to them if they were in my recommended or something, you know? I get the theme of channel & I like it but I feel like some of the thumbnails would look better without text? Or maybe at least smaller text? Or if you want to keep the text, maybe try to make it stand out from the background a bit more? I do like the actual pictures you chose for them, but the text covers them up so much that it puts me off a bit. Just my personal opinion though, I'm sure some people will prefer as they are right now.
I do like (how many times have I said 'like' in this? haha) your content, though. You seem like a cool dude :)
Thanks very much for the feedback.... I'm not sure what I should do with the text but I do agree with you..

Reactions: tahlia

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks very much for the feedback.... I'm not sure what I should do with the text but I do agree with you..
No problem! I'm not quite sure either, but if you'd like to keep the text even something simple like adding a drop shadow might make it stand out a bit better. I'm sure you'll be able to work something out. I wish I could be of more help but graphics are really not my thing haha
Good luck!

Reactions: George Hudson

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
No problem! I'm not quite sure either, but if you'd like to keep the text even something simple like adding a drop shadow might make it stand out a bit better. I'm sure you'll be able to work something out. I wish I could be of more help but graphics are really not my thing haha
Good luck!
Haha no worries! Thanks for the help

Reactions: tahlia

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Everyone,

So I just wanted to come on here and ask one thing. What do you all think of my thumbnails and the overall appearance of my channel. Does it appeal to you? If you saw it would you want to watch more?

Any criticism is good criticism.

Thanks
Hello I just took a quick look at your Channel as far as your Turtles go superb great job on the titles the thumbnails are alright the only recommendation I would have for you is you seem to be using faces and you seem to be covering those faces with text if you're going to use people's faces and text I recommend you not cover the entire person's face with the text which is where you seem to be doing put the text on one side and the face on the other that will be more effective because if no one can see the face that you're using which I can't right now then no one's going to click on it that's the only recommendation I have for you other than that keep on doing what you're doing great work

Thesavagescot

Reaction score
Hey :)

I have had a look and i personally i think your thumbnails are not bad and have some really good points to them. The orange and white of the text is great it just pops and makes it stand out.

As for taking them to the next level personally i would say you have a few options:
• Use a crisp background (solid colour etc) with the current text
• Make the text a little smaller and maybe angle it so people can see more of the picture.
• If you have the tech know how (which i dont) you could use the text you have with a background and make essentially a cartoon character of yourself/others for your vids.

Hope that this helped in some way :)