Thumbnails and title advice

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey so my question is mainly about video titles. How do you feel about all caps titles? The titles of my videos are all in caps, only because that's what I see everywhere, but I don't know if it's effective or not, or even what the purpose is. ALSO with thumbnails, title of video in thumbnail or no? I originally had the titles of my video in the thumbnail but very recently changed it. Now the only videos that have the titles in them are the ones within my vlog series. What do you think is the best title/thumbnail combo?

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Since you only have a small space to work with, you want to limit the amount of text you put in the thumbnail otherwise it can become hard to read at a glance.

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The capital letters are completely subjective, it works for some people and it doesn't work for others.

Also, the text on your videos is hard to read because it is completely flat - I would suggest either completely removing the text from your thumbnails or adding a stroke / drop shadow to your text so it stands out more.

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
The capital letters are completely subjective, it works for some people and it doesn't work for others.

Also, the text on your videos is hard to read because it is completely flat - I would suggest either completely removing the text from your thumbnails or adding a stroke / drop shadow to your text so it stands out more.
Okay thank you! I will get right on to changing that! And with the capital letters I tried doing lowercase and to me it just looked odd for some reason so I think I'll keep the all caps for now

Reactions: ShireenPlaysYT