Thumbnail Text

The Clark Knight

Loving YTtalk
Hey, I was wondering if you guys prefer to put text in the thumbnail or leave it just the picture? I always thought text was beneficial because it can give the viewer even more of a reason to click the video, but all of my most viewed videos have no words in the thumbnails. What's everyone's philosophy toward this??

Usually i add it to all mine i just use same template for all my videos. It can depend though. Sometimes its unnecessary. But i know ppl mostly look at thumbnails when they scroll down to watch videos so text might be beneficial.

All of my latest videos have text in the thumbnail. I think it just comes down to preference, and also making sure if you DO use text, make sure that it stands out and "catches your viewers' eyes"

Hey, I was wondering if you guys prefer to put text in the thumbnail or leave it just the picture? I always thought text was beneficial because it can give the viewer even more of a reason to click the video, but all of my most viewed videos have no words in the thumbnails. What's everyone's philosophy toward this??

I use text but that's just my personal preference I feel it catches my attention so why not do the same?

Okay, that's pretty helpful. When you all use text do you smack it dead center or do you angle it to the side?

I move my text to the most appropriate position for the art work, as I don't want it to spoil the image, "sort of frame the pic" if you know what I mean

No reason not to put any text on the thumbnail. Have you ever seen a Movie/Game/DVD anything basically with just a picture and no words at all?

Back