Thumbnail Question

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hi.

I noticed that although I changed the thumbnails on some of my vids a couple of days ago, in Youtube Search they still show the old former thumbnail.
Oddly, I have my videos linked to my Facebook page and on my FB page the thumbnails immediately updated after a few minutes.

Does it just take a while to change in the Youtube search or is there some other reason?

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is possible for the thumbnails to take a while to change, When I changed my YouTube profile picture it took a couple of days to change.

Reactions: Eljay

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It is possible for the thumbnails to take a while to change, When I changed my YouTube profile picture it took a couple of days to change.
Could confirm, it takes a while because the search engines have to reindex and reupdate the video.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's probably a browser issue. Delete cache and then refresh page to see if it updates.

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Yes new thumbnails and profile pics always take a while.
They really take long tho. The old thumbnails still show after almost a week.[DOUBLEPOST=1487757547,1487756880][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's probably a browser issue. Delete cache and then refresh page to see if it updates.
I tried it but I still see the old thumbnail.

Nicky Furmage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It took some of my 1st ones a week almost.
They will change.

Reactions: Eljay