Thumbnail Quality

KaroshioGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey all,

I've been searching around and cannot find anything regarding this but my issue is basically that when adding a custom thumbnail the quality is just crap basically.

I tried with both 1280x720 and 1920x1080 and both ended up looking pretty much the same.

If anyone has any idea why this is happening/how it can be avoided that would be great.

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Could you try saving the image for web and devices from file > save for web and devices File format PNG-24

Frassmiles

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I usually do my thumbnails in 640x360 and they look alright for me in terms of quality and stuff. I save them in png as well.

Give that resolution a go?

Best of luck :)

KaroshioGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Could you try saving the image for web and devices from file > save for web and devices File format PNG-24
Tried that out and it seems there was a very big quality improvement but it's still not as clear as it really should be.

I usually do my thumbnails in 640x360 and they look alright for me in terms of quality and stuff. I save them in png as well.

Give that resolution a go?

Best of luck :)
Same again with this one really, better then my original but still just not good quality.

Thank you for the replies.

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I do my thumbs as 1280x720 PNGs. The biggest trick is getting the right colors, contrast, and size to still look good when it's shrunk down to the tiniest size.

I wouldn't say my thumbnails are special or anything, but I think they look decent and are better than random frames.

Reactions: Frassmiles