Thumbnail ideas for a channel with an abstract theme

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For my secondary channel I'm am trying to be more abstract. I've seen other youtubers pull this off with ease and others not so much. So far so good. However I want to create a brand.

So for the most part I am;
- Keeping a pastel/blue scheme for the most part
- Drawing inspiration from a few themes (ie/ serial experiments lain)
- keeping videos short and simple but at the same time detailed.
- keeping things cheap
- Android, abstract, nightmare, computer virus are some themes to my project.

Now as for channel art I have no idea. I am trying to debate on whether or not thumbnails are worth it for me (you can see them in my latest review thread).

Now these are 2 different channels that could be potentially related to what I am doing. One just allows natural SS from her video. The other is a little more polished. But both work.

I just don't know if polished would go with my channels specific purpose or not.

HecksVision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am new to You Tube but I think thumbnails are the way to go. It shows you are putting effort in your content. Some people will not click on a vid without a good looking one and I think that is true.
Might as well put the best foot forward. Now the SS only channel you show as doing well without a thumb is on typical. She is putting a photo of her beautiful face as a thumb and that is
not just a plain old screen shot.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I hate thumbnails. I wish they could be more abstract like album art. But it doesn't work until you have people hooked. Otherwise it's just a weird unknown thing