Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Thumbnail HELP!

Discussion in 'Branding & Design' started by Lizzeelive, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Lizzeelive
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $115
    I want to learn to make better, more clickable thumbnails that still tell exactly what my video is about. Can anyone tell me how you make thumbnails? In detail? I really want to learn to do it myself.

2. RedFox
    YTTalk's Fox
    Cash:
    $317
    Hi, I've moved this to the Branding and Design forum. :)

Crown likes this.
  3. Lizzeelive
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $115
    Okay! I'll keep that in mind in case I ever post something like this again!

4. Yvelinaa
    Cash:
    $31
    The thumbnails in your channel look fine (that's my opinion)

5. Lizzeelive
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $115
    Well, thank you!

6. Messages:
    Cash:
    $17
    What I do is take a snapshot of a funny/ entertaining moment of gameplay and with a funny face from my facecam footage in the corner while I'm editing my footage then I take the picture to paint ( Just a basic editor on most computers I think ) and add a quote of something I said or something funny along with the game title and/or part of the game I'm on.

7. Lizzeelive
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $115
    Thank you!

8. newage
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $32
    I use Adobe Fireworks. I have a file called thumbnail.fw.png which has multiple layers of images. I replace certain layers with other images. Like the very center image is usually the product I am going to review.

I either take a photo of the product, or find a nice high res transparent png image of the product. Then I import the image for the center, add a glow or drop shadow effect to it, change the descriptive thumbnail text and export as a lower quality .jpg so YouTube doesn't complain about the file size being too big.

My thumbnail template is 1920x1080 to get the perfect resolution size.

9. Yvelinaa
    Cash:
    $31
    Is 1920x1080 really the appropiate thumbnail size.... For such a small image icon, really? if it is.... Then I've got some brushing up to do

10. newage
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $32
    @Yvelinaa Helps to keep the image sharp when downsizing it. Maybe you can do a smaller size, whatever works for you.