Thumbnail glitch on embedded videos outside Youtube?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Does anyone else noticed a thumbnail glitch on embedded videos outside Youtube?

For example embedded video's thumbnail (paused, before video start) is smaller as 1080 vs 720 picture size leaving a black framing around the thumbnail as it is smaller than embedded video's framing size.

Video playback though is normal 1080 in the example.

It does not affect anything rather than aesthetics of a web page.

Anyone?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

For example embedded video's thumbnail (paused, before video start) is smaller as 1080 vs 720 picture size leaving a black framing around the thumbnail as it is smaller than embedded video's framing size.

Anyone?
Yes, I've reported this morning the bug to @TeamYouTube on Twitter. It appears in Creator Studio as well, and annoys me a little.
Here is TeamYouTube's response:

I also hope it gets resolved soon.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
what the heck is the massive black board that seems to be appearing when hovering over a youtube video thumbnail?? You hover mouse and the video thumbnail is shrunk to about 3/4 size with boarder then showing behind. I thought it may be my browser but it happens in chrome and opera and on my video and any one else's it seems.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The bug is still present for more than a day already. I didn't contact YouTube support regarding it,since I didn't have the time. I was expecting it someone else to contact them.

If it still persists after Monday, then I might try to explain it to Partner support. I have helped them fix some bugs in the past.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I havent seen that happening. Might be an issue with your computer's resolution? Or just Youtube being buggy like usual

Stephmase

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Anyone?
Yes I have that as well. It looks really bad on my website I hope they fix it. Glad I am not the only one. I love this forum it makes you not feel alone on your YouTube journey.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I havent seen that happening. Might be an issue with your computer's resolution? Or just Youtube being buggy like usual
It's fixed now. So if you haven't noticed it before, you won't have to bother with it anymore. Seems YouTube is experimenting with lots of new features recently, which means some bugs here and there.