thumbnail from video

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Does anyone have any advice as to whether it's better to have my youtube video's thumbnail from something in the video that is seen within say 30-1:00 vs choosing a thumbnail from a clip in my video that's from the end of the video?

Does it help with views if the thumbnail represents something that's in the beginning of the video?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Does anyone have any advice as to whether it's better to have my youtube video's thumbnail from something in the video that is seen within say 30-1:00 vs choosing a thumbnail from a clip in my video that's from the end of the video?

Does it help with views if the thumbnail represents something that's in the beginning of the video?
All of my thumbnails are from snaps of the actual video. It doesn't matter what section the thumbnail is in, you want the most attractive thumbnail that will make somebody want to click. Here's a picture of my most popular video thumbnails. As you can see a lot of them are stills of action shots, others are pictures of what's about to happen, others are just closeups of what is interesting in the video like a cactus stuck to someone's hand or boobs lol.

One thing I have noticed is that channels that use a specific format often make their thumbnails so similar it's hard to tell them apart without the description. Showing action shots from the video is a good way to distinguish the videos from each other visually in my opinion.
thumb.jpg

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Branding discussion forum. ^^

Reactions: Crown

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i don't think the time stamp matters as much as the aesthetic of the thumbnail you choose. we're all naturally drawn to what looks good, so if you can incorporate that with an interesting scene in the video, it would probably work well for you!