Thumbnail Feedback

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, everyone! So, I'm re-imagining my channel, and I wanted to see what you thought of my new thumbnail design :)

Set_Fire_To_The_Rain_Thumbnail.jpg Hurt_Thumbnail.jpg Fix_You_Thumbnail.jpg

All feedback is welcome!

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
As compared to your other thumbnails (the ones with just words) these are way better. However, you might think about using a picture of yourself in the studio. If I searched Set Fire to the Rain, and clicked on a picture of Adele, I would be pretty disappointed that it wasn't actually Adele. Plus if you search Adele covers, most of the Thumbnails are pictures of whoever is singing the cover, not Adele herself.

Reactions: Antonio Villalobos

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As compared to your other thumbnails (the ones with just words) these are way better. However, you might think about using a picture of yourself in the studio. If I searched Set Fire to the Rain, and clicked on a picture of Adele, I would be pretty disappointed that it wasn't actually Adele. Plus if you search Adele covers, most of the Thumbnails are pictures of whoever is singing the cover, not Adele herself.
Thanks for replying, and true. But I don't show my face, I'm anonymous and would like to keep it that way, so I thought this was the best alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
But I don't show my face, I'm anonymous and would like to keep it that way, so I thought this was the best alternative.
Maybe you could do pictures of the songs subject? Like, an artsy picture of rain (or something way better than that :)) I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend on your thumbnails, too.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really like the thumbnails but i do agree with the above statement. Like for example, I create acting videos from any movie or tv show. So certain monologues I put my picture in the thumbnail along with the actors related to the video. That is unless it's a thumbnail with a comic style to it that says monologue which isn't misleading.

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you could do pictures of the songs subject? Like, an artsy picture of rain (or something way better than that :)) I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend on your thumbnails, too.
I really like the thumbnails but i do agree with the above statement. Like for example, I create acting videos from any movie or tv show. So certain monologues I put my picture in the thumbnail along with the actors related to the video. That is unless it's a thumbnail with a comic style to it that says monologue which isn't misleading.
OK, So I've taken your feedback, and took a step back and looked at what I want my channel to be, and I've decided on the below. What do you think?

P.S. It's a quick throw together so the quality isn't the best, but it's a general idea.

Draft.jpg

Reactions: Bennett's Playtime

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
OK, So I've taken your feedback, and took a step back and looked at what I want my channel to be, and I've decided on the below. What do you think?

P.S. It's a quick throw together so the quality isn't the best, but it's a general idea.
It's good! Is that you? You decided against being anonymous? That's a big step, but I think it will only help you! #thumbsup :)

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
They look good. Maybe make the font a bit bigger in the first 3. The font size used in the "Treat You Better" one is perfect :)

Reactions: Bennett's Playtime

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There we go! Good job.
It's good! Is that you? You decided against being anonymous? That's a big step, but I think it will only help you! #thumbsup :)
They look good. Maybe make the font a bit bigger in the first 3. The font size used in the "Treat You Better" one is perfect :)
Ok, so I'm back at it again and took all your advice and have come up with this. What do you think? (Yes, that's me).

Preset_Thumbnail.jpg