Thoughts/ tips on new End Screens Feature?

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So we have been making moving end screens manually for a while using our editor/ the annotations function on Youtube but now Youtube has brought a new, seemingly better feature to replace annotations: End Screens.

The last couple of videos we have released have been done in a real rush as we have been really busy with boring real-life stuff, and I haven't had a chance to get my head around how it works.

Could anyone give any thoughts or hint/ tips for using the End Screen feature to get us started?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I quite like the aesthetic of them, found a template online and edited around, now in the end of the video have a bit of an "outro" while also featuring the latest upload and a random video that the viewer might watch. Though I do want to optiimize the template more to make it more pleasant to the eyes and add the subscribe bubble.

I was never a fan of annotations since they first came out, but this is pretty convenient. Plus once you have videos with end cards already made on new uploads you can just "import" from another video, so even if you have different templates for say different genres of content, just import from the right video and bam, time saved.

Reactions: TwoTakes

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I quite like the aesthetic of them, found a template online and edited around, now in the end of the video have a bit of an "outro" while also featuring the latest upload and a random video that the viewer might watch. Though I do want to optiimize the template more to make it more pleasant to the eyes and add the subscribe bubble.

I was never a fan of annotations since they first came out, but this is pretty convenient. Plus once you have videos with end cards already made on new uploads you can just "import" from another video, so even if you have different templates for say different genres of content, just import from the right video and bam, time saved.

Yeah annotations have always been a headache to do, the ability to reuse templates will really speed things up!

How do the online templates work? Is it a file you downloaded?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah annotations have always been a headache to do, the ability to reuse templates will really speed things up!

How do the online templates work? Is it a file you downloaded?
Yeah photoshop file usually, there's a lot of people on youtube that make free graphics for people in their spare time, downside is the better is the more likely its been downloaded thousands of time before, but the better you are the more you can fine tune the details. Just look up youtube end card template or youtube outro template, depends how people word their product.

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah photoshop file usually, there's a lot of people on youtube that make free graphics for people in their spare time, downside is the better is the more likely its been downloaded thousands of time before, but the better you are the more you can fine tune the details. Just look up youtube end card template or youtube outro template, depends how people word their product.
Ok thanks for the tips! I dabble in some photoshop so hopefully could edit a template a bit to make it more unique.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok thanks for the tips! I dabble in some photoshop so hopefully could edit a template a bit to make it more unique.
Yeah it shouldn't be too hard, if the popcorn type logo you use as your avatar here is a constant branding thing for your channel you could add it on most all templates as just one simple unique touch... and let your creativity run wild from there.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video editing / software discussion forum. ^^

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've moved this to the video editing / software discussion forum. ^^
Hi,

Just wondering, since this thread is about the Youtube native feature and advice on using it, wasn't the original forum the correct place for it?

GadVeen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer

Could anyone give any thoughts or hint/ tips for using the End Screen feature to get us started?
I like them. Its simple and looks neat. I personally use Subscribe and 1 video ("Best for viewer") template provided by YT itself.Ability to import the end screens from another video is icing on the cake.

Just now noticed that we can import end screen from another video. So once we have our standard template (say 10s for video and penultimate 10s for subscribe), we can reuse them in future videos.

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I like them. Its simple and looks neat. I personally use Subscribe and 1 video ("Best for viewer") template provided by YT itself.Ability to import the end screens from another video is icing on the cake.

Just now noticed that we can import end screen from another video. So once we have our standard template (say 10s for video and penultimate 10s for subscribe), we can reuse them in future videos.
Its kind of achieving what we have been doing with annotations but making it a lot easier and less time consumer which I'm glad about.