Thoughts on this BBTV contract?

Ann

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have 220k subs and 4-5 million views a month.

They offer a sign up bonus of 7000 dollar and 80/20 split.

I earn around 2000 a month.

What do you guys think about this? Just need some perspective.

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How long is the contract? That split is also not that good.

Ann

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How long is the contract? That split is also not that good.
1 year lock in .

So far what they offer, I am not convinced... everything they offer I can kind of get myself for pretty cheap.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you are not convinced, then you should not accept it!

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
The sign up bonus is nice, but after that they are basically taking 20% of all your earnings - so unless they are offering something else REALLY good, i would say you'd be losing money..

Ann

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
they would take 400 from my 2000 a month. so 400 times 12 is less than the 7000 they are gonna give me. So I would be earning more taking the 7000 if you think of it that way. BUT my channel is growing tho and earnings are going up.So they prolly expect me to earn more over time.
After 1 year i could quit.

dreambridgelists

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Im actually with BBTV right now, let me tell you right now they do NOTHING to help the growth of you're channel, i get paid for my work but i'm only with them because without them i wouldn't have a a security of being paid if i make under $100 due to youtubes minimum monthly earning mechanic. Seeing as you're well over 2000+ earnings i'd say give them a pass, you seem to be doing great on your own :)

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Do you plan to continue to release videos and grow your channel? If so, then there's a good chance they'll end up taking more than your signing bonus.

If you plan on quitting soon, then feel free to take the money and run.

Unless you have (in writing) that they're going to build up your channel or that you think the perks they give (music, dashboard, etc) are worth it, there's very little reason to join a network.

If you continue to grow, it may make more sense to find someone to represent you and assist in gaining licensing deals and so on - which a network may do, but (again) only if in writing.

80/20 split for your size seems a tad high. You should be able to get closer to 90/10.

Jiri82pi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dear YT sister, DO NOT JOIN MCN (BBTV), go your own way. With mcn you're wasting your time and..............MONEY!!!!!!! There is no one who has proof of the MCN's prowess. MCN just takes money

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have doubled your views in one year. Have your earnings doubled as well?
If they double again, they are making out like a bandit with that contract offer!

I have BBTV as a filter for the email. They attempt to contact me TWICE A MONTH.

Furthermore, they KNOW that this is the lowest month for earnings so their predatory behavior is escalated right now. People see that $7K and think it's an easy way out.

No. No. still No.