Thoughts on the Panasonic G7?

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi guys. I'm planning on getting a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 hopefully within the next few days. It's got 4K capability, a great build and records decent slow mo. All the footage I've seen so far looks amazing and it's very reasonably priced at about $600. I'm currently using a Canon 1200D (known in some countries as the Rebel T5) which is pretty good for photos and okay for outdoor daytime video but really poor indoors and under low light conditions. I definitely need an upgrade. Does anyone know about/or use the G7 and if so, what are your thoughts on it? Also, do you think there are any better cameras in the $500 - $700 range for YouTubers?

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm highly interested in giving up my T3i in favor of the G7. Something I have never gotten a SOLID answer on is if there is a recording time limit on the G7, some sources say there is a 30-minute limit, other sources say you can "hack" it to turn the limit off... I'd like more evidence of that feature. Also, I dislike that the SD card slot is in the bottom of the camera, which would force me to remove it from my teleprompter. Right now I use a teleprompter and a battery grip which is perfect so I can slide the batteries out and charge them. Though the camera has wifi, which I know connects to a remote control app, but again the details are fuzzy on if I can transfer the videos to my PC wirelessly. I'd love to speak to an owner of the camera.

I love the idea of a smaller and lighter camera that will allow me to get some better/cheaper shots, and 4K is nice but crisp 1080p at 60FPS is a dream.

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm highly interested in giving up my T3i in favor of the G7. Something I have never gotten a SOLID answer on is if there is a recording time limit on the G7, some sources say there is a 30-minute limit, other sources say you can "hack" it to turn the limit off... I'd like more evidence of that feature. Also, I dislike that the SD card slot is in the bottom of the camera, which would force me to remove it from my teleprompter. Right now I use a teleprompter and a battery grip which is perfect so I can slide the batteries out and charge them. Though the camera has wifi, which I know connects to a remote control app, but again the details are fuzzy on if I can transfer the videos to my PC wirelessly. I'd love to speak to an owner of the camera.

I love the idea of a smaller and lighter camera that will allow me to get some better/cheaper shots, and 4K is nice but crisp 1080p at 60FPS is a dream.
I heard about that recording limit too. Luckily for me, I hardly ever need to shoot more than 15 minutes continuously so it's not a big issue. I've heard of that there's a reboot hack that seems to work. Also I've seen some of the 1080p 60FPS tests and dude, the footage looks AMAZING!

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I heard about that recording limit too. Luckily for me, I hardly ever need to shoot more than 15 minutes continuously so it's not a big issue. I've heard of that there's a reboot hack that seems to work. Also I've seen some of the 1080p 60FPS tests and dude, the footage looks AMAZING!
1080p @ 60FPS is probably going to be my preferred method of shooting in most cases. I think it'll probably be worth it to switch to this camera in my case. Then again, we might see it on sale soon, but I doubt it.