Thoughts on the adpocalypse 2020?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hmm. I have no need for another Google account but if I ever make a new one I'll check that out.
I run several businesses I have independent emails for and I use a bunch of throws away accounts for signing up for things I am not seriously into. Every site you go to wants you to "Sign Up" which means they want your email so they can spam you. If it is something I don't care about or just need temporary access to for some project, I use a throw-away account so I don't end up with junk mail in my important email accounts.

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I have no thoughts whatsoever on the adpocalypse other than "Welcome to the Real World."

See, there's an issue I've always had in terms of the response to stuff like this. The current narrative is , "Woe is me; I'm just a humble small time creator trying to make a living." The problem with this line of thinking is that no matter how big or small you are, if you're planning on making a living from your videos, you're a publisher/broadcaster. Therefore, you're subject to the same rules as any other, especially when it comes to content that could be viewed by children.

At no time in history has anyone ever had it easy when it comes to this kind of stuff. The comic book industry and Saturday morning cartoons were also heavily regulated and had to deal with hits to their bottom line. So, why should any small time creator be any different?
But it’s not the same. I believe this is not about protecting children. It is about protecting the entertainment and news industry. Small creators create original content that is often more fun than the pc tripe pushed by Disney, nick etc.
The giants want to capture people from birth till death.
These massive corporations and their lobbyists have access to politicians, lawyers and often influence regulations. That is nowhere the same as a middle class content creator.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
But it’s not the same. I believe this is not about protecting children. It is about protecting the entertainment and news industry. Small creators create original content that is often more fun than the pc tripe pushed by Disney, nick etc.
The giants want to capture people from birth till death.
These massive corporations and their lobbyists have access to politicians, lawyers and often influence regulations. That is nowhere the same as a middle class content creator.
Yes, the Eloi see the Morlocks rising from the underground and are afraid and trying to force them back into slavery again.

Reactions: fixedsnuffle