Thoughts on "Story Time" ?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Even non-clickbait storytime videos are generally kind of tedious to watch. I get why people like to make them....it takes very little setup and you can film and upload with minimal editing, but I find that a lot of people just don't know how to tell a good story.

I wish there were more terrific storytellers out there, like the ones on the Moth podcast. It's hard to find a great storyteller.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Paul Harvey would roll over in his grave!

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
GOTTA KEEP THOSE SWEET MEMES ROLLIN[DOUBLEPOST=1493649975,1493649768][/DOUBLEPOST]
Even non-clickbait storytime videos are generally kind of tedious to watch. I get why people like to make them....it takes very little setup and you can film and upload with minimal editing, but I find that a lot of people just don't know how to tell a good story.

I wish there were more terrific storytellers out there, like the ones on the Moth podcast. It's hard to find a great storyteller.
This.

Honestly, it's not a bad idea in principle. Sometimes it's kind of satisfying being able to hear about someone else's life, seeing how different they are to you and how they deal with things every day.

But the majority of people who aren't clickbaiting the heck out of you just don't know how to bring the story together in a compelling way. Podcast hosts, like my good buddy @xingcat mentioned, are a prime example of people who can weave a great tale in a way that's actually interesting and believable.

I think that mostly just comes down to the fact that podcasts are usually filmed in a very relaxed setting and the people speaking are comfortable with each other, so they don't have to set up lighting and cameras and think about their face. It's just the story and that's what makes it worth listening to.

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
GOTTA KEEP THOSE SWEET MEMES ROLLIN[DOUBLEPOST=1493649975,1493649768][/DOUBLEPOST]

This.

Honestly, it's not a bad idea in principle. Sometimes it's kind of satisfying being able to hear about someone else's life, seeing how different they are to you and how they deal with things every day.

But the majority of people who aren't clickbaiting the heck out of you just don't know how to bring the story together in a compelling way. Podcast hosts, like my good buddy @xingcat mentioned, are a prime example of people who can weave a great tale in a way that's actually interesting and believable.

I think that mostly just comes down to the fact that podcasts are usually filmed in a very relaxed setting and the people speaking are comfortable with each other, so they don't have to set up lighting and cameras and think about their face. It's just the story and that's what makes it worth listening to.
Yeah. I see where you guys are coming from. If I ever do a story time I might just be and my bed and not really caring about the camera that seems like the most authentic way.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have made a STORYTIME video but it wasn't clickbaited it was title paranormal STORYTIME. And it was about a paranormal experience. But I 100% agree that the whole "I WAS ALMOST KIDNAPPED" is annoying and a lot of forms of clickbait are annoying.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So.... is story time what we're calling these clickbait vlog videos? I wonder if I should make one as an intentional parody/satire of the whole thing. I just have to think up of an interesting enough story, lol. A few mundane things that I can twist into something of epic proportions.

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well..it's working lol you clicked their video. I would love it if someone should click mine. Will i have to stoop that low?