Thoughts on "reaction" vids?

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
Absolute rubbish for about 95% of these sorts of channel, just a waste of time and using stolen content to puff up views and money. Look up "Why reaction channels are s**t" on Youtube and watch GradeAUnderA's video on it.

Reactions: Justoshow

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been contemplating doing some prank videos but that's because one of the goals of my channel is to make people laugh. I think as long as you truly enjoy the content you're making then why not? as long as you don't loose track of what you want, and what you're channels message is supposed to be. I know some who will completely change their whole genre just for views, go from making rant videos to all make up videos or all reaction videos for views, that I don't think is healthy but neither is cake so idk lol

Charmx

Reaction score
I actually have a reaction channel. My goal is the same as yours. To entertain people and make them smile when recording.

Melanie King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think Reactions Channels are good only when done right, and unfortunately about %95 of React Channels out there aren't doing it right.

I've done a few React videos myself just trying to garner new subs, and just so I can say I at least tried it. But it almost felt too much like selling my soul, and I'd rather spend time putting thought into my own creative videos than a few hours shooting, recording, and editing something even I wasn't that much a fan of myself.

But still, I do feel an occasional React video isn't all bad. Honestly I find it rather interesting when my fave YouTubers do React videos on the sole basis I've always been super fond of learning about them as people, and not when they're "on" and entertaining. So to me, it's kind of interesting to see their genuine reactions to things. Helps you gauge who they are as people.

But %100, occasional or not, React videos should always contribute to the video somehow, or else I literally could have watched the video on the OP's channel. And I always feel like unless you get permission, or the OP makes it abundantly clear they don't care, you should never post the entire video in your own video. Takes away from the hard work of the OP.

EleniVTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Comedian
I'm not a fan of prank video just because so many of the famous pranksters take it too far. Reaction videos are cool. As long as they add something and the person reacting has something to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I'm not really into this, but I think if have "it", it can be very entertaining.
I was watching a few videos of BigQuint reacting to new rap music, dude is entertaining and funny in my view.
I watched a few other videos youtube sugggested afterwards, but they definetly could not keep up.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not a fan for the most part. There are some good ones that are actually funny but those are usually on more creative channels

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I make compilation videos a good bit, and a lot of times I'm showing reactions to certain events...However, it's different than the typical reaction videos that show a group of people all reacting to the same thing (usually a video). For example, my most recent video shows gamers reacting to getting rare items in a videogame. It's different than the usual reaction videos you see on YouTube, but I think it's better that way. For example, instead of watching 10 people react to the same YouTube video, I'd love to see a compilation of reactions for different videos from these reaction YouTube channels. I get bored watching multiple reactions to the same thing.

NathanielGE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Im not a reaction channel but I have started a reaction series.

Its called The Litness Test (a play on litmus test)

My long term YouTube goal is to Inspire a generation and have the kind of positive influence as somebody like Lilly Singh.

I also want to entertain people and I know I need to work on it but I do feel I have a gift to make people laugh. (I also have a self development and creative side to my channel.. no niche, bit of a mess xD lol)

One of my favourite shows on TV used to be Charlie Brookers Screenswipe. If you've never seen it, check out some YouTube clips.

When I started the Litness test series my thinking was... What can I do that's pretty chill but could also help my subscribers see me just being me, laughing, being a bit crazy and feel like they are chilling with me watching funny videos.

I also spend a lot of time watching funny videos online so it kind of makes sense to turn that into a cool show that could turn into something in the long run.

So although some do literally sit there doing nothing, it just helps those of us with some enthusiasm and making the videos a bit entertaining. Because then people come and leave comments like a couple on my latest reaction video like "This is amazzzzing". Probz cos i'm not just sitting there silent lol.

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like it's a trend that seems to be looking like a call for views but then again there are some videos that I would react to if they were really funny or crazy just for the fun of the content so I don't think everyone is a sellout for doing these vids but maybe most[DOUBLEPOST=1492060424,1492060390][/DOUBLEPOST]I feel like it's a trend that seems to be looking like a call for views but then again there are some videos that I would react to if they were really funny or crazy just for the fun of the content so I don't think everyone is a sellout for doing these vids but maybe most