thoughts on Ray William Johnson leaving network?

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
Yep, like I said, they wanted to own part of =3, and he said no, so they more or less cut the YFM album, so he left them. Good for him I'd say, as long as they continue YFM, that is.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
even if they cut the yfm album i wouldn't care lol. was alot of work for ray and the team but not worth harding over a piece of =3 for it

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
Sounds like Maker is trying to cover their backs.

quickbitsproductions

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah, I stopped watching when he did his studio work, but I am watching again and for some reason he is back, so yeah, I guess I like him away from the studio?

thecomputertips

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i think is a good move for him and if you read the comment of his videos a lot of people are resubscribing to him because he left that network.

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It took a 'team of writers' to come up with that material? Knowing that really takes away some of the sparkle for me. I really thought it was one guy putting all of that together. It completely sucks the soul out of the channel and those D-list 'comedian' guests were annoying as well.

I'm sure he'll be better on his own. The 'Breaking' reality show he did was actually interesting though. I would want to do something like that.

Reactions: Sanuku

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I support Ray's breaking from the network. I feel like his show will be better without so many people involved. His early stuff was better than some of this new crap (guest hosts for example)

Frankie_

Always know, never believe
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't like RWJ, for what it does and how he does it.
But if someone is changing things up, and you don't want somebody for what he can give, and simply empowering him/her, I totally agree with his decision.
Since he is one of YouTube top stars, this is gonna leave a mark, because there are other big Youtubers out there that will see it as a starting point to reclaim full ownership of ideas and content.

the1janitor

subscribe if you like my hair
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
You can really tell the difference in the show now. I like it much better. Ray is actually communicating with his audience again. It's less of a "show" and more of just a guy doing what he loves to do.
All this network nonsense is getting out of hand. At this point, I highly doubt I will ever join a network.