thoughts on Ray William Johnson leaving network?

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe Maker was started by Shay and Kassem. Ray will make even more money since he will not have to worry about people getting a portion of his earnings.
Google take 60% but might have a special contract with adsense so might be less for him :p

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
Google take 60% but might have a special contract with adsense so might be less for him :p
But Ray was partnered with Google even before Makers, so doesn't that mean that 90% of his profit was taken away? So technically this is an improvement profit-wise.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I see alot of comments about the money, but youtube is not always about the money. I think there was something with all the guest hosts in =3 I mean the last few videos Ray only had a side role and if he really likes making videos that could be the point he decided to say he wanted to do it alone again. Maybe the network was trying to make to much of =3. I also maybe could be wrong and it maybe it's about the money and he just wanted that xD

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How could he have a special contract? lmao
He obviously has close ties YouTube & Google since he is Number 1. I don't see how he would terminate his higher % contract with maker (defiantly not the normal 60% contract) and switching back to 40%. That's a huge difference when you are someone like him. Seems somewhat logical to me, who knows what goes on behind the scenes :p

iSoCoooL

Entertaining The Masses
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I say good on him.

=3 was heading in the wrong direction. Guess hosts, over editing and a full bloody team producing it. I mean who needs a full production team for a 4 minute Youtube video?

Hopefully he just goes back to his roots, which is just a regular guy who likes to make videos.

Though you can immediately see the difference in quality... It seems my video quality is better than his now.

Hopefully his vlog channel goes back to normal, and just uploads videos of him talking again, rather than videos of his unfunny and annoying friends partying or whatever.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I say good on him.

=3 was heading in the wrong direction. Guess hosts, over editing and a full bloody team producing it. I mean who needs a full production team for a 4 minute Youtube video?

Hopefully he just goes back to his roots, which is just a regular guy who likes to make videos.

Though you can immediately see the difference in quality... It seems my video quality is better than his now.

Hopefully his vlog channel goes back to normal, and just uploads videos of him talking again, rather than videos of his unfunny and annoying friends partying or whatever.
Indeed, I hope the comment question of the day comes back. The reason I started watching in the first place.

Sanuku

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
[UPDATE 1:05 p.m. PT] Maker Studio has replied back to NMR with this official statement:
“Ray is still a part of the Maker Network. With the recent decline in viewership on =3 it made sense for him to go back to producing the show himself. Maker providing a full production staff of 12 people including a team of writers no longer was a viable option for =3. Maker fully supports Ray’s decision to go back to producing the show on his own for the time being and we wish him continued success. We will continue to support Ray through this transition.”
The Response from RWJ:

Stopped watching =3 when those Guest Hosts Thing took over. I didn`t liked anyone of them. RWJ was and should be always about RWJ and noone else and The Maker Studio and their Puppets didn`t get that Point. I`m glad that the slavery now is finally over and Ray can get back to Work ;)