Thoughts on Paid Promotion?

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So yeah,

I have been "in the business" for quite some years, and have had over 3 channels now.
I however haven't ever hit the 1000 subs mark. I recently picked up my last youtube channel with the 32 subs it had back then, and am using it to post new content and hopefully grow it.

As I see youtube as a possible career path, because I have always wanted to pursue a film-like career, I was wondering if there are people with experience in paid promotion for your channel.
EDIT: I mean paid promotion as in advertising your channel to the outer world in order to gain new subscribers.

In what way did you do it?
What were the results?
Is it worth it?

I'd love to hear your idea's about this! :)

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I haven't personally had any paid promotional opportunities.

I would say though, don't rely on those as a method of making money on YouTube. You have a better chance of getting support on Patreon, selling merchandise, or if you've hit the new partnership benchmark on YouTube then ad revenue. I think that paid promotion is more common for people sitting around 10,000 + subscribers with an average of at least 5 thousand views per video. That's worth it for a company to pay to advertise to, it isn't worth it for them to pay you for only 100 - 1000 views typically.

Those are my thoughts at least!

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't personally had any paid promotional opportunities.

I would say though, don't rely on those as a method of making money on YouTube. You have a better chance of getting support on Patreon, selling merchandise, or if you've hit the new partnership benchmark on YouTube then ad revenue. I think that paid promotion is more common for people sitting around 10,000 + subscribers with an average of at least 5 thousand views per video. That's worth it for a company to pay to advertise to, it isn't worth it for them to pay you for only 100 - 1000 views typically.

Those are my thoughts at least!
Im sorry, I was not very clear with what i meant. I mean advertising your channel, or paying others to promote your channel to gain more subscribers.
Any thoughts on this?

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Im sorry, I was not very clear with what i meant. I mean advertising your channel, or paying others to promote your channel to gain more subscribers.
Any thoughts on this?
I'd say even worse. Let your channel grow organically, and don't pay anyone else to "shout you out" If you are going to partner with another channel, the best way to do it is make a video with them, and upload that video to your channel, and shout them out, and then make another video for them to upload to their channel and shout you out!

Reactions: CristyTango

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Agreeing with Brett.

Most things ive seen/read regarding paying for promotion of your own channel never seemed succesful according to those who tried to apply it.

Crossplatform marketing; ie. Twitter/Insta/Facebook and general hard work and some luck is the way.[DOUBLEPOST=1518560539,1518560444][/DOUBLEPOST]Agreeing with Brett.

Most things ive seen/read regarding paying for promotion of your own channel never seemed succesful according to those who tried to apply it.

Crossplatform marketing