Thoughts on Channel name?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Well hello everyone!

So I'd like to get some critique on my channel name, Geek and a Gentleman.

Just a tidbit on how I came about this name. I've always grown up being called a geek as well as being a gentleman, always doing the right things because of how I was taught growing up. So I took both and combined them to get my channel name lol

My channel will be a travelogue of my adventures as I figure out my purpose in this world. There will be bloopers and what not, but at least at the beginning it will be just me, myself, and I exploring new places or well at least places I can make it to atm xD not here to make money at least for now, I mean the endgame is to hopefully make money, but I'm doing this for fun and enjoyment and to have videos for my kids down the road to watch and get a kick out of.

So any advice and critiques are more than welcome :)

Edit: so I just noticed I probs should've posted this in Channel Feedback forum, I do apologize

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally I would like to see more capital letters. When I saw the title of your thread I looked at your name, before opening the thread, and did not get it. I actually saw it more as Gee Kanda Gentleman and had not idea what that meant ha ha. Not sure how GeekAndAGentleman would look... might just be me :coolshades:

Reactions: GeekandaGentleman

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
GentleGeek !?

Whatever you choose, don't burn it into your videos if you're unsure, as you'll likely change it someday.

Crucial! You should also consider having something that quickly identifies your content type. Maybe GentleGeek's Travelogue.. hmm, adjusted for today's lowbrow audience, or those that just don't have time to read the extra four letters, GentleGeek's Travel.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Personally I would like to see more capital letters. When I saw the title of your thread I looked at your name, before opening the thread, and did not get it. I actually saw it more as Gee Kanda Gentleman and had not idea what that meant ha ha. Not sure how GeekAndAGentleman would look... might just be me :coolshades:
That's what I originally was thinking as well, GeekAndAGentleman; however, I thought ppl would get confused on that lol but now that you mention it it might be the other way around lol

Thank you for the critique, I'll definitely have to think on this and maybe change stuff around. Still in the works of getting a logo and some channel art and have some ideas but I'm just not design savvy but haven't had anyone step up to the design plate yet for me xD

Last edited:
Reactions: UhoohExtra
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
GentleGeek !?

Whatever you choose, don't burn it into your videos if you're unsure, as you'll likely change it someday.

Crucial! You should also consider having something that quickly identifies your content type. Maybe GentleGeek's Travelogue.. hmm, adjusted for today's lowbrow audience, or those that just don't have time to read the extra four letters, GentleGeek's Travel.
I getcha, definitely understand where ya coming from. Like if someone was just to see Geek and a Gentleman, they'd be like oh this is probs about this and then they open to see it's about travels and what not. So I should make my channel title geared more towards what I'll be doing with said channel.

Maybe GentlemanGeek's Travels, like when I read GentleGeek's, I'm getting that that person is very gentle and is a geek lol I'm reading more into each word lol but I also understand that my title should be short and sweet and easy to pronounce but also memorable and catchy.

Thank you for the critique, it's greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: UhoohExtra
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Hello!

Your username sounds super unique! But when I first read it, it sounded like the channel has more than one person behind it (one is a geek and one is a gentlemen). GentlemenGeek would work well! Hope that helps
Thank ya, thank ya very much! I'll definitely keep this in mind. May make that change. I greatly appreciate the critique :)

HerJourney

Reaction score
Website
www.her-journey.de
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am not the firmest in English, but I am wondering why there is that „a“ only before “gentleman“?
„A geek and Gentleman“ makes more sense for me. Am I wrong?

But at least, when your channel is about traveling, better integrate it in the name. The suggestion „GentleGeek's Travelogue“ sounds great!

Reactions: GeekandaGentleman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I am not the firmest in English, but I am wondering why there is that „a“ only before “gentleman“?
„A geek and Gentleman“ makes more sense for me. Am I wrong?

But at least, when your channel is about traveling, better integrate it in the name. The suggestion „GentleGeek's Travelogue“ sounds great!
Definitely appreciate the critique :)

Looks like I'll have to rethink my name then lol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I greatly appreciate everyone's inputs and will be rethinking my name for my channel :)

However I can't decide between GentleGeek's Travelogue or GentlemanGeek's Travelogue...

Like I read into GentleGeek as oh so like he is a very careful and maybe soft spoken Geek, but GentlemanGeek gives me more of that vibe I'm looking for from the original name, like he is a very honorable/chivalrous Geek ya know