Thoughts and suggestions for my first video?

MellishGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Any advice or comments for my first video? (On the channel)
I know its a little quite, thats because of YouTube changing my audio volume. What else should I work on? Thumbnails probably too.

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just some off-the-cuff thoughts as I watch your video.
1) I have no clue what the title or thumbnail are about. Maybe those who play in the game will instantly know, but not those, like me, who don't.
2) Get right to the meat. The first ten seconds are a complete waste. Viewer retention is viewed in seconds. If you don't give the meat right away, viewers click away.
3) If you swear in your video or let others swear in it without beeping out the swear words, you will lose 80% in ad revenue as advertisers rarely like their content next to swearing content and, yes, they can specify this to YouTube.
4) Show yourself in a thumbnail as well as anyone else who participates in your video. People subscribe to people, not channels.
5) OMG this is boring! Why do you think viewers would EVER care to hear you have idle chit chat with your friend? Seriously, why do you think that's entertaining?
6) While in-the-moment joking with friends MIGHT be funny to your friends, it isn't to anyone else.
7) Why do you think someone choking/coughing is something that ANYONE would want to watch?
8) Why do you think viewers watching you drive across snow would be entertaining in the slightest?
9) Why do you think walking through a building would be enjoyable to watch?
10) Didn't laugh once during the entire video. I had a SLIGHT internal smirk when you blew up the building by being idiots.
11) 32 seconds of outro is WAY too long. Cut it down to five seconds. When viewers see/hear an outro, they click away so a long outro hurts your engagement score with the YouTube algorithm.
12) Give a reason why people should subscribe. Not why YOU want them to subscribe but why THEY should want to subscribe.
13) Ask ONE question and HOPEFULLY the viewer will give their answer in the comment section.
14) Don't show title cards. They're just lazy filler and, no, they don't help with branding.
15) Use YouTube end cards to show a thumbnail to one of your other (future) videos and to put a subscribe button on the screen.

Good luck!

Reactions: FifiRich

DanKert

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just some off-the-cuff thoughts as I watch your video.
1) I have no clue what the title or thumbnail are about. Maybe those who play in the game will instantly know, but not those, like me, who don't.
2) Get right to the meat. The first ten seconds are a complete waste. Viewer retention is viewed in seconds. If you don't give the meat right away, viewers click away.
3) If you swear in your video or let others swear in it without beeping out the swear words, you will lose 80% in ad revenue as advertisers rarely like their content next to swearing content and, yes, they can specify this to YouTube.
4) Show yourself in a thumbnail as well as anyone else who participates in your video. People subscribe to people, not channels.
5) OMG this is boring! Why do you think viewers would EVER care to hear you have idle chit chat with your friend? Seriously, why do you think that's entertaining?
6) While in-the-moment joking with friends MIGHT be funny to your friends, it isn't to anyone else.
7) Why do you think someone choking/coughing is something that ANYONE would want to watch?
8) Why do you think viewers watching you drive across snow would be entertaining in the slightest?
9) Why do you think walking through a building would be enjoyable to watch?
10) Didn't laugh once during the entire video. I had a SLIGHT internal smirk when you blew up the building by being idiots.
11) 32 seconds of outro is WAY too long. Cut it down to five seconds. When viewers see/hear an outro, they click away so a long outro hurts your engagement score with the YouTube algorithm.
12) Give a reason why people should subscribe. Not why YOU want them to subscribe but why THEY should want to subscribe.
13) Ask ONE question and HOPEFULLY the viewer will give their answer in the comment section.
14) Don't show title cards. They're just lazy filler and, no, they don't help with branding.
15) Use YouTube end cards to show a thumbnail to one of your other (future) videos and to put a subscribe button on the screen.

Good luck!
Ouch. But i learned a lot from this destructive commentery. Im not going to make the same mistakes as him hopefuly