Those people who message you things like...

Isceneashley

TheISceneAshley
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
"Hey, go check out my channel."

"I'm in a contest for most views on my video"

"What you're doing is awesome. Check out my channel and subscribe to me."

This is on youtube AND starting to be on here as well. EVERYONE is basically in a contest to have their videos get the most views. It's a part of youtube. Also, if you didn't subscribe to me, why should I be expected to subscribe to you. At least personalize the message so that I know you actually watched my stuff cause I could send "What you're doing is awesome" to anyone on youtube. It makes me less likely to check out your stuff if I can tell that you just send automated messages that you copy and paste and send to 50 other people.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get those a lot too but most often it is contact requests, sadly a lot of people are in it for themselves which is natural yeah but begging and behaving desperate is irritating and can look quite cheap and isnt really sharing at all, I doubt they will share your video after you sharing theirs, it is take take take most of the time. Thats why networking with people here is good, a lot of us will share and give and take and thats where the success lies, give a little, take a little. Anyone who wants it all without giving anything at all back will likely fall flat on their faces.

Wilad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah I got a copy and pasted message in my inbox on here today. I agree with you that it makes me less likely to check it out[DOUBLEPOST=1343603127][/DOUBLEPOST]
I get those a lot too but most often it is contact requests, sadly a lot of people are in it for themselves which is natural yeah but begging and behaving desperate is irritating and can look quite cheap and isnt really sharing at all, I doubt they will share your video after you sharing theirs, it is take take take most of the time. Thats why networking with people here is good, a lot of us will share and give and take and thats where the success lies, give a little, take a little. Anyone who wants it all without giving anything at all back will likely fall flat on their faces.
Yeah I've seen an increase lately in the contact requests from people I don't know.

Reviewers Club

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You know no matter how personal the message is it's still very cheap. Even if the user subscribes to you and you to him ... .Where is the point of subs to someone you don't care for just so he'll subs for you even though he doesn't care for you either. I think the most important thing is to reach may be small but still true audience because then it goes to show everyone you care not only for the content but for the people following you. That's actually the reason why I dislike Twitter so much. To be honest I've done that but I send it like a mass PM and only to my address book contacts and I'm being very honest in what I say. I also welcome them to send me some of their videos that I can watch because that is what YouTube is all about. Sharing videos. I do respond to contact requests though ... unlike Michael, apparently :p

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
yea someone messaged me that on here. Out of kindness I checked out their video

Isceneashley

TheISceneAshley
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
You know no matter how personal the message is it's still very cheap. Even if the user subscribes to you and you to him ... .Where is the point of subs to someone you don't care for just so he'll subs for you even though he doesn't care for you either. I think the most important thing is to reach may be small but still true audience because then it goes to show everyone you care not only for the content but for the people following you. That's actually the reason why I dislike Twitter so much. To be honest I've done that but I send it like a mass PM and only to my address book contacts and I'm being very honest in what I say. I also welcome them to send me some of their videos that I can watch because that is what YouTube is all about. Sharing videos. I do respond to contact requests though ... unlike Michael, apparently :p
I accept contact requests, don't really see much of a point to them though, unless it is people who want to do what I want to do. Such as if a rapper will send me a contact request, I don't see the point in it, but I still accept it. I just feel they could be more personal with their messages because if they take the time to personalize it, I would take the time to check out their stuff. It's all about showing how much they really care about their own stuff. If they care about it enough to share it with other people they could network with and want feedback, I expect some sort of feedback on my video, even if it is just one video and just in a message. Also, I'm not just going to go click on a video. Some people say that I don't even have to watch the whole video, just click it, therefor they don't really care about their video, just to get the view.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That someone spammed around 100 members ;) I am still trying to remove them all lol so apologies to everyone who has them in their inbox.

I get a couple every few days and ALL of them are automated. I dont believe I have had one genuine one.

Reactions: Isceneashley

ThePrinceofMillAve

The Dark Heart of My Little Pwny
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
"Hey, go check out my channel."
Promotional spam, the bane of every popularity-based community.

I too am in a contest to get more subscribers, it's called producing worthwhile and consistent content for my channel so that I build a fan base and people who actually want to talk about the things that I've got live experience in. Not quite as glamorous as other contests, but it's what I got.

I suppose, if I'm getting watch-my-video spam on YT something is noticing that I'm active...

Reactions: Isceneashley

Reviewers Club

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Promotional spam, the bane of every popularity-based community.

I too am in a contest to get more subscribers, it's called producing worthwhile and consistent content for my channel so that I build a fan base and people who actually want to talk about the things that I've got live experience in. Not quite as glamorous as other contests, but it's what I got.

I suppose, if I'm getting watch-my-video spam on YT something is noticing that I'm active...
Well I don't care for subscribers as much as I do for views and I am not looking for fans as much as friends but yeah I get what you are saying. I am very interested to learn how do these guys find their target they'll send the message to ? Like... The first time I got such PM I wasn't very active like at all. I had like 8 channels I was following. It makes you wonder doesn't it?

f1pure

SHORT COMEDY FILMS - CHECK US OUT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
i dont think you can copy and paste a message because YouTube knows this and most of them don't get sent