This sounds a whole lot like sub4sub to me, no?

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Lol I hate people who do for sub4sub but those are the worst the ones who are like hey! Great content you have such an amazing channel come check out mine and we can be youtube friends. Like ugh.

Reactions: Lekjih

jezushentaichrist

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol I hate people who do for sub4sub but those are the worst the ones who are like hey! Great content you have such an amazing channel come check out mine and we can be youtube friends. Like ugh.
i really like your content !! you are really good at this. I subbed to you. Do you also want to sub me back !!! (i'm just joking)

But at subject. Yeah i got some also , but what can you do about it !

Reactions: Yoursharkfriend

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
sounds like a scammy almost pyramid scheme kind of build. I'd ignore it

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow. Thats pretty scummy.

Like has been said, this guy would have very few active subscribers.
More likely he is trying to build a channel to sell it to someone else with a "built in" subscriber base.

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I don't like getting those comments, but I do tend up responding (though I respond to their "nice" part since it boosts my engagement)

jezushentaichrist

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't like getting those comments, but I do tend up responding (though I respond to their "nice" part since it boosts my engagement)
I made that mistake also , Someone said ; ;;This is pretty great bro! I found your channel on a forum and liked and subscribed! Your channel honestly has a ton of potential. You truly do deserve more subscribers. If you are at all interested in perhaps collaborating or gaining more subscribers check out my channel <won't put link here> ! Can't wait for you to post again!!''

i was like omg someone loves it, he did subscribe me, but later he saw him posting the exact same thing to others. Bit dissapointed.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I get these on a daily basis lol - just ignore em.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Haha! What a load of bs that is. I had something similar very early on. I was really naieve at 10 subscribers and this guy said I was amazing and he's going to shout me out. I thought great! Then went to his channel and yeah I needed to subscribe and like the video blah blah blah. So I didn't bother. It's stupid[DOUBLEPOST=1484206632,1484206556][/DOUBLEPOST]
I made that mistake also , Someone said ; ;;This is pretty great bro! I found your channel on a forum and liked and subscribed! Your channel honestly has a ton of potential. You truly do deserve more subscribers. If you are at all interested in perhaps collaborating or gaining more subscribers check out my channel <won't put link here> ! Can't wait for you to post again!!''

i was like omg someone loves it, he did subscribe me, but later he saw him posting the exact same thing to others. Bit dissapointed.
Ive also had that EXACT same comment

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Haha! What a load of bs that is. I had something similar very early on. I was really naieve at 10 subscribers and this guy said I was amazing and he's going to shout me out. I thought great! Then went to his channel and yeah I needed to subscribe and like the video blah blah blah. So I didn't bother. It's stupid[DOUBLEPOST=1484206632,1484206556][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ive also had that EXACT same comment
Me too.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hardly worth your time. Shout out videos are becoming a plague of YT. The chance of each person getting one that has followed the instructions is slim. Even if they do get one, the likelihood of those new subscribers watching future videos and being an active part of the subscriber base is even slimmer because they are there for the same reason as everyone else - to get their own shoutout.
My shout out series is the correct way to do it. ANY shout out series that has "requirements" is literally another form of sub4sub. Youtube needs to crack down on stupid crap like this honestly.