• Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

This is why I DON'T Trust No Copyright music!

GameVestment

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Coucou!

Be very careful if you do covers of any song or use a No Copyright song that's a cover or similar to other songs! As mentioned by YouTube, the songwriter and their publisher have a copyright stake of your own version or someone's else.

That's also the reason why I started paying a license for the music in my videos or you can use YouTube Audio Library! It doesn't matter if you don't get the claim right away.. if they see you they will claim you!

Also, I removed the song from the video and the claim won't go away unless you contact them!
GV

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've never used any tracks from these supposed 'no copyright' music websites etc.. they will never answer a direct question about the legalities. Also most of the tracks obviously aren't. Youtube library is safe bet. Less hassle. I learnt you don't need to give yourself the headache of finding a new track for every video pretty fast as well. A lot of top channels I watch will use the same youtube library tracks often and you get to associate the channel with music.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. I started paying for Epidemic Sound recently to avoid the hassle of copyright issues. As said above, the YouTube library is pretty decent too.

Reactions: GameVestment

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I never knew about this but I do avoid Youtube channels with "No Copyright" as well as any sites that do the same thing (and offer the music for free).

I hear Epidemic Music and Soundstripe as well as many others tend to be good sites with royalty free music Youtubers can use for a low monthly fee (not advertising, just stating.)
However I do worry about the "repetition" nature that Youtube is pulling when it comes to these and/or other content for the Youtube partner program. As in using the same songs as many others are using...so I'm not 100% sure there.

GameVestment

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I never knew about this but I do avoid Youtube channels with "No Copyright" as well as any sites that do the same thing (and offer the music for free).

I hear Epidemic Music and Soundstripe as well as many others tend to be good sites with royalty free music Youtubers can use for a low monthly fee (not advertising, just stating.)
However I do worry about the "repetition" nature that Youtube is pulling when it comes to these and/or other content for the Youtube partner program. As in using the same songs as many others are using...so I'm not 100% sure there.
I use Epidemic Sound and I couldn't be happier,, let me know if you have doubts or want an honest review

Reactions: Farley Productions

Vedstedsen

The Escapist Project
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im on Epidemic Sound as well. It might be a high price for a channel to getting any money back in, but atleast it's mine! :)

Reactions: Farley Productions