Thinking outside of the Box

MasterRoo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I completely understand that Let's Plays is a saturated market but will giving my channel more variety be a lot more intriguing to viewers? I figured I make gaming reviews or have friends join in on lket's plays. Any advise will help and please let me know.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I hate to tell you but doing reviews and playing with your friends is fairly common gaming channel content.

Now, I am not a big channel myself, but I think I am getting to grips with the situation (and I did just take a year off, so I stunted my own growth) but I do know how to get through that initial 0-100 subs phase.

If you want to grow, you are going to need to network like crazy to get that initial hit of subs from other channels (simply having a larger number of subs will encourage more people to sub): be active on other peoples gaming channels, don't ask for sub for sub or anything like that. Don't ask for subs. Be a good person who they'd like to be friends with and then forge real relationships. Other channels that are about your size, trying this with massive channels is probably not going to work. Watch and engage with other peoples content.

Shout them out, some of them will return the favour.

Collab with these people. Encourage these people. Just, try not to be fake about it. Between other creators desperate for their first subs who will sub you in hopes of you subbing back, and the audiences of the other channels (who already have a proven tolerance for new channel problems) discovering you, you can get up to your first hundred subs this way, and make a few friends in the process. Yes, some of the subs will not be that interested in you, but you will actually start to develop an audience with the ones who are.

You can also find places online where its friendly to share videos. The return is low, one or two views sometimes, but sometimes that's a new follower or sub.

From there on you really need to work on your delivery and content. And, yes, thinking outside of the box will really help you. But first, you have to really really get to know the box so that you know whats outside of it.

Saying all that, you have a nice voice and good audio so, all you gotta do is get better and promote.

There are lots of things you can do to grow. Personally, I think that being honest about wanting to grow is a plus (but don't sound needy) and use a call to action. Ask people to share your videos etc. You are trying to find an audience and some of your current one might help you out.

And, lastly, work out why some of your videos have 100+ views and some have <10.

Good luck.