Music Thinking about sharing my channel

The Bassment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi all, I've been posting to YouTube for a couple of years now, and I could do so almost daily back when I was at uni, but unfortunately I now hold down a 9-6 and really struggle to make time for videos, producing a pair of videos each month recently, which has seen my channel growth level off a little.

I've got a reasonably well established channel (soon to hit 1mill views and 10k subs), but I'm thinking the best way to keep things going might be to get someone else in to make some videos for the channel. I would send them any and all revenue made by their videos, which would be a gain for them over starting a new channel/continuing a smaller channel as they would attract more views because I have a few subs and they will come up in the suggested videos sidebar on my existing videos as well.

Firstly, do you guys think this is a good idea? Secondly, does anyone have any recommendations for bass players I could approach with this suggestion? Obviously they would need to have a smaller channel than mine or else they wouldn't be interested, and also they would need to produce content that is of a similar quality as mine (which isn't too hard, god knows how I've got this many people watching :p).

Thanks in advance!

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Hi all, I've been posting to YouTube for a couple of years now, and I could do so almost daily back when I was at uni, but unfortunately I now hold down a 9-6 and really struggle to make time for videos, producing a pair of videos each month recently, which has seen my channel growth level off a little.

I've got a reasonably well established channel (soon to hit 1mill views and 10k subs), but I'm thinking the best way to keep things going might be to get someone else in to make some videos for the channel. I would send them any and all revenue made by their videos, which would be a gain for them over starting a new channel/continuing a smaller channel as they would attract more views because I have a few subs and they will come up in the suggested videos sidebar on my existing videos as well.

Firstly, do you guys think this is a good idea? Secondly, does anyone have any recommendations for bass players I could approach with this suggestion? Obviously they would need to have a smaller channel than mine or else they wouldn't be interested, and also they would need to produce content that is of a similar quality as mine (which isn't too hard, god knows how I've got this many people watching :p).

Thanks in advance!
Man I wish I was a bassist right about now hahahahaha I was trying to envision if I could do something musically that would still fit your audience but I don't really think I could it seems to be based on bass skill and I'm more of an eclectic songwriting one man band kinda deal. Good luck though!

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think it's worth a try. I think the biggest issue you'll have is finding someone reliable enough to work with to be honest.