Thinking about an upgrade?...

Nicky Furmage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi Guys
Im after a new camera, most of my recent content is shot on an old Panasonic SD40 ive had since 2011, im happy with my videos but want some better quality.
Recommendations/feedback on cameras your using for vlogs welcome, i dont want anything too big somthing the size of what im using at the most.
Also does anyone use go pro for vlogs and not so much action?
Thanks
Nick

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You shouldn't use GoPros for vlogging, mostly because they have such a wide angle it's distracting and the quality isn't that great. That being said, I am a Nikon guy so everything I will always recommend is going to be a Nikon camera. I have two, a Nikon D7100 for video, and a Nikon D700 for when I shoot professionally. They're both medium sized cameras (I have battery grips on both that makes them even bigger though..) and the 7100 has excellent video quality. All of my videos (see signature) are shot with the camera, including audio. Which I admit, is not all that stellar. I have a Røde Video Mic Pro literally in the mail being shipped to my apartment as we speak, which I'm super stoked about. Audio has always been my only gripe.

Nicky Furmage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Really good quality videos brandon. i like those cameras im just after somthing smaller as my videos are just capturing holiday moments, i use a nikon p510 for photos currently.
Or maybe i should stop being lazy and just film on somethong bigger![DOUBLEPOST=1488013667,1488006129][/DOUBLEPOST]Canon g7x anyone?

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Really good quality videos brandon. i like those cameras im just after somthing smaller as my videos are just capturing holiday moments, i use a nikon p510 for photos currently.
Or maybe i should stop being lazy and just film on somethong bigger![DOUBLEPOST=1488013667,1488006129][/DOUBLEPOST]Canon g7x anyone?
That g7x looks nice!

I managed to get my hands on an ex-demo Sony Alpha a5000 last year. It's a great little midrange-priced compact format camera. With the capability of holding up to a 64GB SD card, If I decide to use it for video, I will never run out of room for footage.

Nicky Furmage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think the G7X is what im looling for. its great in low light aperently too.
Will it suit my channel? sound isnt a major issue with how my videos are put together.
Whats the difference between that and the mkII?

Nick

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the video hardware discussion forum. :)