Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Things to Consider when Joining a network/Choosing the right one

Discussion in 'YouTube Networks, Monetization and Partnerships' started by JustFlames, Apr 27, 2013.

1. BlockDesigns
    Moving Pictures Guy
    Cash:
    $73
    Can you please put a list of your recommended networks on here? It seems like you know alot and that would be very helpful.
    Also, what are the requirements to become a scout for you?

2. JustFlames
    Cash:
    $41
    I could put a list but it would just be repeated from other threads, check shane's threads on here for all the major MCN's/Sub networks.

It depends on your content and what's right for you, Networks who I have worked with that i would recommend:
    RPM(Maker Studios) 84+daily views
    Vector,CreativeNation,Sanect(ZoominTV) 200-300+ Daily views
    Vultra(BentPixels) 500+ Daily Views
    FullScreen 750-1000+ daily views or quality content.

There's a new MCN(Multi-Channel Network) being setup next month that I work alongside with and their vision is great and even though they aren't established yet I would recommend them aswell, you can check them below.

Forlela Digital(200 Daily Views)
    [Everything] CreativeNation = 200 views daily
    [Everything] FullCurve = 200 views daily
    [Non-English] Magnolia = 200 views daily

Add me on skype if you're interested in becoming a scout: FlameboyProductionz

Credits: Shane for Forela Networks Requirements

Add me on skype if you're interested in becoming a scout: FlameboyProductionz

Credits: Shane for Forela Networks Requirements

Kamran Sankey likes this.
  3. Crypt
    Community Editing Channel
    Cash:
    $278
    Really helpful thread, thanks :)

4. WTFridge
    Cash:
    $26
    Awesome thread man, just what I've been looking for, as I have a lot of contracts that I could sign but I want to pick the right network to partner with :)

5. BlueStreakcomms
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $29
    Very informative :)

6. Jonathan
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $63
    Check your YouTube inbox ;)

7. vatiwah
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $123
    Good Read. Just in time.

A moderator from a from a forum from a popular let's player is asking if I am interested in partnership lol. I am kinda suspicious. Either the person is crazy enough to think that I am good or it is a partnership looking for anyone.

8. Parallax Abstraction
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $68
    I was going to post a thread inquiring what the best questions are to ask a potential partner but this has given a ton of useful information, thank you! I was recently approached by YouTube PM by what appears to be a very new network (DownRightTV) and while I'm in no hurry to get partnered (I'm new at this and would rather do this for free for a long time than end up with a scummy partner), I did nonetheless want to open a dialogue with them and this gives me some good questions to ask.

I was curious about what to ask networks with regard to licenses. My channel is primarily retro gaming content which can be interesting as many of the companies that made the games I cover either aren't around any more or the rights have moved on to someone else. I've been told before that getting partnered when using game play footage is critical but I've also seen the argument that no networks have partnerships with everyone and many of them just rely on fair use, they just actually get listened to by YouTube unlike the rest of us. If a potential network only has partnerships with certain companies, can I only do videos on games for those companies or can I do whatever and rely on them to deal with potential issues that may arise? If I am partnered and post a video, do I have to do through that completely random YouTube monetisation review process and if they say I can't post a video because I don't own rights to it, can I say I do and just refer them to the network? From what I've read, the types of videos I do easily fall under fair use, it's just that YouTube is ultra paranoid towards individuals because of things like the Viacom suit (even though they just recently won that.)

Most of the partnered channels I've watched don't seem to exclude any companies from the content they post and I find it very hard to believe that networks have license agreements with the hundreds of different publishers and developers out there, especially given how hostile some of them appear to be towards YouTubers.

9. karlsanada10
    Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
    Cash:
    $100
    This is awesome. :D And what's the difference of MCN to CMS? Or they are not related at all?

10. JustFlames
    Cash:
    $41
    An MCN is a Multi Channel Network, they're authorized by Google To partner people and they have a ads sale team and gaming rights to monetize such games like Call of Duty.
    CMS is Content Management System which is what MCN's and Full YouTube Partner's use to monetize content for all their channels/network partners.

karlsanada10 and Kamran Sankey like this.