The Views Lost Thread (Lost views? Post here first!)

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It updated for me this morning, but it's frozen again, and I know that I got more than 0 views today. :p
Okay then this just seems to be a problem and then it's fixes then brakes I am sure it will change soon as once again it did freeze for me. However when it unfreezes I am getting all the views it missed i don't know about you?

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well I'm happy it wasn't just me. I was offline for a few days. I left and my views were at 111K now its at 103k.
Yeah, this problems going all over the place with probably nearly every channel, there are many possibilities me and some others including Frankie the moderator have found out as to why this is happening but we still haven't figured out all of them. If you want more info on why it may be happening just inbox me and I can talk you through it

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
So has any one noticed that the number of views according to your Dashboard do not Match the Number of Views when you click on your channel? Mine is 122 off. Which I guess is not a big deal, but not understanding why there is a difference. They both keep going up but they continue to be 122 off of each other. Just odd.

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ahh that's a shame, well congratulations on doing that, I am trying to get to 25k today but on my channel trying to get to 24k.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So has any one noticed that the number of views according to your Dashboard do not Match the Number of Views when you click on your channel? Mine is 122 off. Which I guess is not a big deal, but not understanding why there is a difference. They both keep going up but they continue to be 122 off of each other. Just odd.
I'll merge this with that one.

Yep this is right. I lost 668, and both counters are ticking up but with that approximate shortfall.

I haven't deleted or privatised any vids (the reason YT is giving for all of this), so I've no idea. I can only be thankful that I only lost a few hundred and I until both my dashboard and socialblade say otherwise, I'm going by my dashboard counter.

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
http://yttalk.com/threads/youtube-view-losses-merged.39861/page-27#post-282974

Ongoing conversation about view losses here mate :D but this problem is going with nearly everyone. You may have deleted a video in the past or have a private or unlisted video and therefore the views don't show on your channel only your dashboard from those videos.
No never have deleted a video.. or put private or unlisted video's up on this channel..

It's just always been off by exactly 122 the whole time. Just found it to be odd.

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Y
I'll merge this with that one.

Yep this is right. I lost 668, and both counters are ticking up but with that approximate shortfall.

I haven't deleted or privatised any vids (the reason YT is giving for all of this), so I've no idea. I can only be thankful that I only lost a few hundred and I until both my dashboard and socialblade say otherwise, I'm going by my dashboard counter.

Thanks Frankie and yeah I am going my my dashboard counter as well that way I have not lost my 1.3k views. YT has given back 700 but theres still a few missing. O well maybe it will re update when the new design comes in, not sure though.

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
No never have deleted a video.. or put private or unlisted video's up on this channel..

It's just always been off by exactly 122 the whole time. Just found it to be odd.
mmm okay well hopefully you will get them back soon mate, inbox me if you maybe want some other suggestions why it may of happened.