The ultimate Reddit guide.

natnip

You may think you want my accent. You really don't
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The easiest way to crack Reddit is to find a subreddit that your content is relevant to. For example, I have a sketch-type video about being bilingual which I posted to r/Spanish, and I have a video scheduled for upload tomorrow which I will post to r/curlyhair because it is relevant to having curly hair.

It's all about finding your crowd, much like in real life.

Also, for anyone scared about where to start, r/newtubers is a subreddit solely dedicated to sharing your own videos (however, like people have said, make sure you comment on other things all over Reddit in order to not be seen as a spam bot)

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want a few random views for your channel, Reddit is your place. It's definitely not the place to get high retention views and subscribers.

Marion Talavera

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Good guide dude! Do you know a specific subreddit for music and covers? :)

natnip

You may think you want my accent. You really don't
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Good guide dude! Do you know a specific subreddit for music and covers? :)
Reddit has a search feature, so you can type in the sort of subreddit you're looking for, and if one exists, then it will show up :) For example, after a quick search of the phrase "song covers" I've discovered that there is r/Music, r/cover_this_song and r/coversongs :)

Marion Talavera

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Reddit has a search feature, so you can type in the sort of subreddit you're looking for, and if one exists, then it will show up :) For example, after a quick search of the phrase "song covers" I've discovered that there is r/Music, r/cover_this_song and r/coversongs :)
Thank you! :)

FatalAti

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it is the most complicated social media but as i heard it is the most effective one for viral videos. I would like to do that with my gaming channel but of course my lets plays wont success there. So i need some kind of funny motage or something like that.

StormDream25817

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks for posting this useful guide! Reddit seems humongous, I'll definitely use your tips for my future Reddit posts!

Janell

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for explaining how Reddit works. I am trying to expand my social media presence and it's nice to under the concept of how Reddit algorithm works.

Thanks