Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

The Top Tips from a YouTube Partner Manager

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by EVO, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM.

1. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $279
    Hi EVO,

Sure thing! So to kick off I've put together all the optimization tips that your channel could currently action with a specific focus on making your videos clickable.
    First off some two quick wins would be:
    • To add sections on your channel. You can create up to ten sections based on a single playlist, a group of playlists or a group of channels. To learn more about organizing your videos to attract an audience check out best practices here.
    • The graph below shows that 78% of your viewership comes from mobile and tablet devices. Cards, unlike annotations, appear on mobile and provide a more professional way of linking out to a video, playlist, poll, channel, fan funding, donation, merchandise page, or website. Learn more on how to effectively use info cards here and how to set them up here.
    Custom Thumbnails and Title

• Your thumbnail your title and thumbnail are the first things a potential viewer will see, so make your title exciting, compelling and concise
    • With your thumbnail your videos will appear across YouTube from Search, Suggested Video, Home page and sub box it's important to stand out from the crows with a really interesting thumbnail which is visually bright, colorful, high contrast, top resolution and intriguing.

• As with example below it's key to have a central focal image such as a face or the subject of the content, you can also overlay extra imagery and wording but make sure it's legible at all sizes. The best place to check a thumbnail in the suggested video section as it's the place they appear at their smallest.
    I think these two thumbnails are examples of your best

DELETED

Whereas this is an example where you could do a bit extra

DELETED

During your video

Once you've grabbed that viewers attention there are tons of ways they can interact:

• You've got the branding watermark and featured content turned on and your latest videos have cards.

• You've also been deploying the new end screens and it may also be worth calling out the playlist or video in the end screen as the next best video to watch.

• Ultimately if you give a strong vocal call to action it immediately increase the chance of that engagement
    Hopefully this email as a first report has been useful please let me know if you'd like to receive more and if so feel free to suggest a topic you'd like me to cover.

Thanks,

Rollo

Noobzilla and Painter like this.
  2. Gaijillionaire
    I've got a yen for being in Japan!
    Cash:
    $178
    Both posts are very helpful and interesting! Wish I could see your channel to understand better. But thanks

3. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $279
    Of course these are aimed at my content. But there is some good info in there that others can learn from.
    This info has been given to me direct from YouTube/Google Employee.