The sub feed has changed position: does it matter?

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The sub feed has been moved to the task bar on the side and, to be honest, nobody clicks on it anymore. I only know one guy who does. Instead YouTube gives us the recommended feed. Do you prefer the recommended being the dominant factor in determining what videos are in the watch page, or do you think that who we are subscribed to should be the dominant factor.

The former ends in loads of click bait and makes subscribing a pretty useless task and the latter doesn't make the viewers experience as many new types of videos, making it a more connected network.

What do you guys think is better to have in your feed? Recommended or subscribed?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I keep hearing how people claim that nobody uses the sub box and here I am never stopped using it since 2009 or so. Think people are way over exaggerating just to seem right about the whole YT changes problem.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well it´s a way to support the youtuber you like, to get the videos to watch!

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Roberto Blake made a good video on this topic. But I prefer the recommended appearing in the home page, which allows channels with good SEO to rise to get exposure. This is why big channels with millions of subscribers have been reported to be losing half their views, but channels who have good SEO have doubled.

And people do look at their subscription, just not as much as the home

DoggoMC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Subscribing does still matter. It shows support for that channel, and if your subscriber frequently watches, your videos will start to appear in recommended for them.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Weird claim. I personaly watch all my subscribed content through the sub tab. Positively Brainwashed added a statistik and I want to add to that : These are probably all views which means if half of your views are Subs, 50% of those came from the sub tab (because only subscribers can use this sub, duh).

Overall it is still extremly important to have Subs as they bump your watchtime in the first days and help you through interactions to rank in the searchrs...

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use my sub box all the time. However recommended also will sometimes have new videos from the people I'm subscribed to in, so I won't always bother going through the sub box.
Subscribing is still important and it shows your support for someone which is nice :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This is why it's important to have an active following on social media so that you can announce your latest videos on there.

Reactions: Sam4God

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Subscribing is still important. But as a viewer the new youtube algorithm has made it difficult to see when the people you are subscribed to add new videos. Now you have to click to be notified when they upload if you want to make sure you don't miss a video.

LizetteGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I tend to ignore the rec box, while I check my sub box daily.