The single greatest mistake YouTubers make

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Content creators who focus on niche interests and topics will need to accept that their channel will never be Huge (e.g. top 100 youtube channels).
My channel focuses on freediving - which in itself is a niche sport. Also in order to produce a video i need time to go out and dive (weather, time and commitments permittting) and properly edit my videos.
It is impossible to do daily uploads. Even my schedule of weekly uploads is steep.
One of my favourite youtubers is Freediver HD - he's got 30k subs and over 1m views, but he's pretty much given up because he's lost focus on the passion of making videos and has been discouraged because he'll never make it big enough to do youtube full time.

Its really about your mindset. I'm happy to share what i see doing something i love.
If i compare my content to others i would lose sleep. I personally know a guy who uploads videos with screenshots of a soccer game with titles like "match highlights - juventus v real madrid 4-0" but its 5 minutes of his rapping in front of a camera - which generates 1k+ views