The Secret to Making Money on YouTube

Roberto Blake

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Obviously you have to monetize your videos to make money on YouTube. But how do you make content that pulls in the views you really need to make money? There are 3P's surrounding this concept: Presentation, Production and Promotion.

Presentation
You have to make sure people feel you have a quality YouTube channel with good thumbnails, banner art and a good profile pic. Your thumbnails should also be unique and branded so your videos stand out in results.

Production
You have to make quality content and lot's of it. It is very difficult to make money and build your following if you are only producing videos a few times a month. It's also difficult if the content is good but the quality of your production values are not. Make sure you are using HD Quality video and clean audio using a microphone.

Promotion
It doesn't do any good to have great content that nobody sees. Make sure that you are promoting your content in social media like Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook. Promote frequently and encourage others to help you share our great content. It is after all, your product so make sure you ar putting it in front of as many people as possible.

19ConCon

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Good advice, the only problem I seem to have is I'm way too modest, I don't like making other people feel forced to share my content and what not. I really need to figure out how not to feel like a bad person after asking someone to share my video. It kind of makes me feel like I'm leeching off that person/channel/page since it's for my own channel's personal growth. And thus I'm stuck with only sharing my videos with those I can help out as well in turn.

Reactions: RichGuitarGamer

Neko

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Animator
I love you advice.
I am defenatly going to use it thanks for sharing @Roberto Blake .

Futbol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good points, thanks for that. It's a hard gig and very easy to be discouraged when you put in so much work and get nowhere or progress is so slow it seems like you're getting nowhere.

mathicious

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Very good advice :p
I think another secret is not to focus on the money to make content that is more entertaining, then the followers will come too :p

Reactions: OhSoUnique

Louey7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good advice, the only problem I seem to have is I'm way too modest, I don't like making other people feel forced to share my content and what not. I really need to figure out how not to feel like a bad person after asking someone to share my video. It kind of makes me feel like I'm leeching off that person/channel/page since it's for my own channel's personal growth. And thus I'm stuck with only sharing my videos with those I can help out as well in turn.
I agree, I hate asking people to do stuff. I honestly don't even put like/sub/favorite/etc in the video outro (just thanks for watching with background of game). I will put in description subscribe link though, and all that stuff.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
As lovely as it is to have people wanting to provide advice, all this post says is have good branding, make good content and advertise. This is not particularly good advice as it's missing the advice portion.

Edit: An aside to forum admin, why are there two monetization forums? I thought I was in the other one without paying attention...

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thank you Roberto for the tips on how to make money on youtube. I am extremely new to filming and editing. I am doing my best but i worry about the custom thumbnails.

your channel is very professional and authoritative, therefore trustworthy.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Louey7 love the pic of your dogs on here i clicked on it expecting to be directed to your channel about dogs. I have checked out your channel and i love it[DOUBLEPOST=1411808440,1411807982][/DOUBLEPOST]btw i openend a youtube channel in 2011 and didn’t do anything with it until two weeks ago. I have already earned $1.24 which i think is great.