The Review Backlog Is Officially Cleared!

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Please see this post from one of the YouTube-Titied TC's, YT Electra...they have managed it ahead of June 30th!

Note: I have removed this link due to the post itself having been deleted. Something major has happened to change this statement. I will find out what it is, and then change both the title of this thread and the associated YT Forum link.

Not today, however; it's 4th of July, and I am celebrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: videoeditgr

pisca

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are 2 possibilities:
or they will monetize all channels, or all channels will all be demonetized by 2 July.

we hope well :nailbiting:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Here is what is most likely from what I have seen so far. Some channels are being monetized, and those happy owners usually come to the Help Forum to announce the event. A lot of channels, however are being refused monetization; and I did a post here a couple of days ago with a linked post from a long-standing Top Contributor, giving the most common reasons for this happening.

So I think by July 2nd, you will be seeing a mix of accepted channels and channels denied partnership.

What is bothering me, is the fact that YouTube is apparently now considering the use of Royalty Free Music and Stock Footage, which form a part of the backbone of the mainstream media industry amongst the things to be considered "unoriginal"; and therefore unworthy of monetization.

Could the YouTube/Adsense conglomeration actually consider itself better than, or above TV Networks or even Hollywood itself?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube is apparently now considering the use of Royalty Free Music and Stock Footage, which form a part of the backbone of the mainstream media industry amongst the things to be considered "unoriginal";
Nice. And just two months ago i figured out that sharing stock footage was a good way to grow. Hahahah!!!? XD :D Anyway. It is clear that YT is " cleaning" the space. This free unlimited upload of whatever subject quality and length video was going to push financials to the limits somehow and someday. It might sound that only top or elite youtubers will have profit. But. Guess it is a good thing for those that will not give up on their channels. Even without monetisation :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Note: I have removed this link due to the post itself having been deleted. Something major has happened to change this statement. I will find out what it is, and then change both the title of this thread and the associated YT Forum link.

Not today, however; it's 4th of July, and I am celebrating.

Last edited:

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@UKHypnotist
How do you read that place? It's so depressing.........

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
There are still a lot of people posting in the help forum whining that they are not yet monetized.
However, I checked out some of the channels and while they met the 4000/1000 criteria, they sucked. The content was crap. If I was paying for adverts. I would not want them on a lot of those channels as I would want my brand only associated with the quality content.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
There are still a lot of people posting in the help forum whining that they are not yet monetized.
However, I checked out some of the channels and while they met the 4000/1000 criteria, they sucked. The content was crap. If I was paying for adverts. I would not want them on a lot of those channels as I would want my brand only associated with the quality content.
Indeed!

And as of yesterday the whining about not being accepted for monetization began in earnest. These people seem to think that complaining on the Help Forum will somehow get the need to reapply in 30 days reversed.

There is a second set of "creators" who are having their Adsense disabled for policy violation, and are not understanding the actual reasoning behind the disablement. They are coming on and asking how they could be disabled for invalid activity, when they didn't yet have ad serving activated.

I think the TCs and mods should again begin asking the OPs to post a screen shot of the email they received from Adsense in these cases. I need also to find out if since one can only have one Adsense in one's Google Lifetime, such a disablement means they can never monetize again; even if they clean up their channel and post acceptable content. Right now it would seem to be the case.

Nice. And just two months ago i figured out that sharing stock footage was a good way to grow. Hahahah!!!? XD :D Anyway. It is clear that YT is " cleaning" the space. This free unlimited upload of whatever subject quality and length video was going to push financials to the limits somehow and someday. It might sound that only top or elite youtubers will have profit. But. Guess it is a good thing for those that will not give up on their channels. Even without monetisation :)
That is precisely why when I use stock footage (as I don't do "facecam" stuff, this means the whole of my video library) I frequently composite with transparency, up to four stacked clips. I also attempt to "theme-match" video to audio content. The compositing makes the video portions of my postings which use this technique, unique to my channels. I hope it saves me from a duplication charge; as I only have a few vids on my main which use RF audio. Those videos for the most part, were created before I began composing and mixing my own music.

The video currently seen in my signature is an example of my compositing. I also choose for this video backing type, clips I am sure are available for this technique by their licensing agreement.

Last edited:

shaty

Reaction score
First of all, the link where you say they announced that they have finished the reviews doesn't work or it has been deleted.

Second, you are not allowed to upload royalty free if you just upload them without making any modifications. For example, it is permitted to use royalty free images if you create a slideshow and add your speech as audio. You add originality to the video. It is not the same picture or video as it was when you downloaded it from the stock website. You add value by this.