The number of comments (bug?)

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I've uploaded a montage of mine.
And there's 6 comments on that video. All good, all nice.
But whenever I go to Creator's Studio, it shows that it has a total of 10 comments.

I'm a fresh youtuber here and it's quite confusing for me.
Is this some kind of bug, or am I missing something? :x

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Could be a bug, I've seen that a lot, sometimes it'll say more comments than what the video has, keep in mind; replies actually count as comments too. Only other reason I can think of (if it's not replies) YouTube might have automatically removed comments or accounts commented got banned and it hasn't updated? Check your emails as well to see if there's links to the comments.

Reactions: vMinti

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Could be a bug, I've seen that a lot, sometimes it'll say more comments than what the video has, keep in mind; replies actually count as comments too. Only other reason I can think of (if it's not replies) YouTube might have automatically removed comments or accounts commented got banned and it hasn't updated? Check your emails as well to see if there's links to the comments.
I've included my replies (3 c + 3 r = 6 in total)
Checked my emails also. Didn't find anything :/
I do think it's a bug now, really. Not even thinking about removed comments/banned accounts point because the video is freshly made + I'm checking these stats like crazy :D
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep my eyes on this.

Last edited:

MintApocalypse

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This happens to me a lot, I really wouldn't worry about it too much, usually youtube corrects itself after a bit anyways, but yeah I'm pretty sure it's just a bug for when youtube auto removes multi comments and potential spam.

Audrone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have the same thing happening. Awhile ago I looked up for the answer and a lot of people have the same issue. Usually once I upload video and get at least one comment, number on creator studio is higher than a real one. Then a few days later it changes to 0 and then a few days later it starts showing the real number. I just stopped paying attention to the number in creator studio.

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This happens to me a lot, I really wouldn't worry about it too much, usually youtube corrects itself after a bit anyways, but yeah I'm pretty sure it's just a bug for when youtube auto removes multi comments and potential spam.
I have the same thing happening. Awhile ago I looked up for the answer and a lot of people have the same issue. Usually once I upload video and get at least one comment, number on creator studio is higher than a real one. Then a few days later it changes to 0 and then a few days later it starts showing the real number. I just stopped paying attention to the number in creator studio.
Thanks for the answers, I'll have these things in mind from now on :)

Reactions: MintApocalypse

avrona

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Most likely a bug as I get a similar thing. On most of my videos it says something like 2 comments even though they have none.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've noticed a few bugs lately with stats and analytics. This is probably just another one.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
it has happened to me as well.
It has also happened that I get a notification that I got a comment, and see the comment in the notification bar. but when I go the comment section, where I see every comment from every video, it isn´t there. But when I go to the specific video, I can see the comment in question.
So I can see the comment in the video, but not in the comment section, and it´s not in spam either.

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing that at this point.
Thanks for the answers again :)