The new YT SUPERCHAT monetization feature!

WebYourMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is anyone earning money from it already? Do you think it will last?

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think it's a great feature for those that are doing live streaming. I've read that some game streamers are making thousands during one stream.

I'm keen on doing more live streams once my channel becomes more popular.

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've read that some game streamers are making thousands during one stream.
I streamed for 2 hours (playing piano requests) and made $82 one night, so that was fun. What wasn't fun was finding out Youtube takes 30% of those donations/tips. That's not cool, imo. I shut it down and if I want to let my viewers donate during stream I'll use streamlab.

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah it's a shame they take a cut from the tip. When you consider what they take via adsense etc, it would be a good gesture if they allowed YouTubers to keep the tip (minus processing fee).

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have done a couple live streams and viewers were kind enough to donate a few dollars. I never turned on the YouTube "donation" feature nor have I used Patreon (though I support a few other creators).

As with anything, make sure you are providing value to the viewer first!

WebYourMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have published a video about Superchat on my channel, but the problem is that considering that my company (and myself) is based in Ireland, SuperChat is not available!!!! No idea why, but is not. My Audience is international (and Italian, given the bilingual content on my channel). Too bad.