The New Titles Feature But How?

What you're describing sounds like an old feature from several years ago called "Youtube shows". It allowed channels to create a TV series with seasons and episodes. The advantage was they were given priority in the search results. The feature was by invite only and channels had to first prove that they were capable of making regular good quality content. The feature was discontinued a couple of years ago but channels who had already been approved for it were allowed to continue.

An example channel with this is "Annoying Orange". And here is their "YouTube show" (essentially a special type of playlist) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELD3iEbOBdm3A (Notice the dates. This is from 2012 so it's not a new feature. Also notice if you click on one of those videos, you'll see the Season number and episode in the title. Also notice how they uploaded like clockwork for several years. :) )

About 4-5 days ago I noticed some channels have implemented a nifty feature. I have no idea what it is called but above the Title when you are watching a video it will say:

S01 Episode05

Others have #politics #Canada for example above their titles.

Anyone here figured out how to implement this feature?

I tried to post a link to some channels that have figured it out but this page won't allow em to add the link

Just put a hashtag in the description and It'll show up, it works with any channel!

What you're describing sounds like an old feature from several years ago called "Youtube shows". It allowed channels to create a TV series with seasons and episodes. The advantage was they were given priority in the search results. The feature was by invite only and channels had to first prove that they were capable of making regular good quality content. )

Very interesting information. YouTube is likely rolling it out again as some big channels I've been following for a while such as Extra History suddenly started having S18 E06 for example above said episode less than a week ago. Hope they roll it out for everyone soon.

Back