The New Titles Feature But How?

Poltavus

About 4-5 days ago I noticed some channels have implemented a nifty feature. I have no idea what it is called but above the Title when you are watching a video it will say:

S01 Episode05

Others have #politics #Canada for example above their titles.

Anyone here figured out how to implement this feature?

I tried to post a link to some channels that have figured it out but this page won't allow em to add the link

No, I'm talking about additional text above where the title of a video is. Again I'm new to this site and find it a bit strange that I'm not able to link to something which would make this so much easier to explain.

Maybe this feature is so new most people haven't even seen it yet.

Paste this on to youtube dot com and you will see it say WHAT THE FIT s01 e01 above teh title of each video after you've clicked on them

/playlist?list=PLEA9mf3ZJGFzY28SAeMB0ES_CNp5lYvJu

Hmmm that is interesting. I wonder how that works. I wonder if it's a new feature or if those guys used some fancy HTML or whatever. I feel like tinkering around in the creator studio to see what I find.

Edit- I couldn't find anything about adding a title on top of a title... anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
That's from being YouTube TV. I'm pretty sure we don't have the option of doing that since I've only seen it on super large channels and stuff. Look up "Series Guidelines for YouTube TV" since I can't post the link here. You should go to the YouTube support page for it.

Don't see what you're looking at, but that example series is a YouTube Originals series so if they were going to test a new feature that'd be a good place for them to do it I imagine.

Ahhh... it's a Youtube TV thing. I guess that makes sense. My videos don't really have 'seasons' so to speak, so I don't see how I would have used the feature personally, but it woulda been cool if whoever wanted could use it.

That's from being YouTube TV. I'm pretty sure we don't have the option of doing that since I've only seen it on super large channels and stuff. Look up "Series Guidelines for YouTube TV" since I can't post the link here. You should go to the YouTube support page for it.

Hey Mithril, it doesn't appear to be an exclusive series feature. People do it with Hashtags also and channels that are not YouTube TV. Here's an example:

/watch?v=xF2lFGyADtM

Above the title they've put #

Thanks for the replies everyone. Let's hope eventually someone figures out how to do this :)

Interesting, I'm not seeing anything like that on my screen. Maybe it's a limited feature only available to certain people or it's in beta testing or something.

Back