Channel Type
Gamer
True! :D Have passion for what ur doing and u will get known :D

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I will agree with this to a certain extent. I agree that you should be yourself and not try to copy anyone on youtube, but mostly everything has already been done. To the Genre part I think that people need to think outside the box a little. Lets say you do wanna break the golden rule and actually try to make a little coin on the side (I don't care what everyone says, this is obviously what most people want or they would not be asking for subs and views all the time) but thats for another time....back on topic.

I love video games, so why did I not start a video game channel? Well for 1 thing there are a million of them and its hard to get noticed. So I skipped that Genre and went with something else I love,....Cars. And If I thought car stuff was over saturated I would have looked for something else I love. The thing is that we all have different roads that we can take when deciding what to ultimately make our channels about. So to say "do what you love" kinda pisses me off sometimes. How about "do what you like" even if you don't love it, it still may be better then doing something you love and then wondering why no one is subbing or watching your videos.

So when it comes to Genre I say "do what you can live with" if it will net you more subs and views. I am not trying to sound like an ******* or anything, just stating my opinion. I would explain my theory in more detail, but that is for another thread......Sorry if I offended anyone with my blunt talk.
I can agree with that, because I think you will start to like it more once you gain that fan base and get more views. As long as it is enjoyable to do, then it's all good. Like I had a gaming channel that didn't really go anywhere, so my new channel is something kind of different with videos that have a lot of cinematography and tell stories.