The Most Important Part of Being a Youtuber

Brandon Dorner

Loving YTtalk
So I have been seeing a few posts and a lot of people throughout youtube asking how they can make a lot of money on youtube and which youtube star to be like and these people don't even act like themselves.

The biggest rule is just be yourself and make videos about what you love doing. Don't try to make videos of a certain genre because you see someone else do it and they are successful because of it, make videos because you love making them.
Do it for the right reasons.

So I have been seeing a few posts and a lot of people throughout youtube asking how they can make a lot of money on youtube and which youtube star to be like and these people don't even act like themselves.

The biggest rule is just be yourself and make videos about what you love doing. Don't try to make videos of a certain genre because you see someone else do it and they are successful because of it, make videos because you love making them.

True 'dat.

EXACTLY. I'm tired of seeing post about making money on youtube and stuff like that. Just be yourself and make videos for the sake of having fun and entertaining others. Youtube is all about having fun and sharing with others, money should be the least of your problems.

You shouldn't be doing YouTube to make money because there is no guarantee, so you are completely right. People should make videos because they like doing it and being creative.

Besides that which I completely agree with...I would also say a huge part of being a youtuber is loving your audience and fans, because they will love you back and spread the word about you. The fans and viewers are what make us want to continue what we love to do!

Besides that which I completely agree with...I would also say a huge part of being a youtuber is loving your audience and fans, because they will love you back and spread the word about you. The fans and viewers are what make us want to continue what we love to do!

I agree, what I love about about making videos is having other people be amused by something that I did, and without fans I don't think I would live making videos as much as I do.

I will agree with this to a certain extent. I agree that you should be yourself and not try to copy anyone on youtube, but mostly everything has already been done. To the Genre part I think that people need to think outside the box a little. Lets say you do wanna break the golden rule and actually try to make a little coin on the side (I don't care what everyone says, this is obviously what most people want or they would not be asking for subs and views all the time) but thats for another time....back on topic.

I love video games, so why did I not start a video game channel? Well for 1 thing there are a million of them and its hard to get noticed. So I skipped that Genre and went with something else I love,....Cars. And If I thought car stuff was over saturated I would have looked for something else I love. The thing is that we all have different roads that we can take when deciding what to ultimately make our channels about. So to say "do what you love" kinda pisses me off sometimes. How about "do what you like" even if you don't love it, it still may be better then doing something you love and then wondering why no one is subbing or watching your videos.

So when it comes to Genre I say "do what you can live with" if it will net you more subs and views. I am not trying to sound like an ******* or anything, just stating my opinion. I would explain my theory in more detail, but that is for another thread......Sorry if I offended anyone with my blunt talk.

Back